'Rebates' on EPP refurbished stock until 30 Sep 08

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DSG, Sep 22, 2008.

1. DSG macrumors regular

Hi,

Noticed that in the UK Employee Purchase Programme store, a number of refurbished MBPs and MBAs are being offered with an 'instant rebate' that expires on 30 Sep. I haven't noticed any such offers before (although I don't check the EPP store that often) - I believe that usually there is no discount on top of the normal refurbished price. The offer appears to be only on the MBPs/MBAs and not on any of the other hardware (there are no MBs available). Anyone know if this is normal practice? 30 Sep an important date maybe?

Cut and paste from the store (just one example):

Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    15-inch widescreen display
    2GB memory
    250GB hard drive
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 512MB of GDDR3 memory
    8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    Built-in iSight Camera

Learn More

• Save 21% off the original price
    • Instant rebate - save £127.66
    • Ends September 30, 2008
    Original price: £1,279.00
    (£1,088.51 ex VAT)
    Price after rebate: £1,129.00

Ready to ship:
    Within 24 hours

Free Shipping

2. xgfx macrumors member

I can't comment on whether this is normal as I know they don't usually do it with the Student discount. But my EPP has had that rebate for at least the last 2 weeks, because I was really struggling with not buying one when I looked around the time the nanos came out. Couldn't say whether they did it prior to that, but I doubt. You never know though, Apple may have had that time scale in mind prior to that, or will simply release during that time period anyway (you do get a massive discount).

You could also speculate 30th + 14 days return policy = Oct 14th. But this really doesn't matter too much as you would have to pay a higher price for the new model anyway.

3. mattydee87 macrumors regular

Nice find! I really hope new MacBook Pros are released then, or sooner! I'm all set to buy one finally :D