Rebel Micro Sim??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Cyclone Chris, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Cyclone Chris macrumors regular

So I ordered a Rebel Micro Sim Pro, with the 32/64 bit programmer on 10 Apr, and I have yet to receive it. My order status just says Payment Received.

Has anyone else ordered a Rebel Micro Sim and received it yet? Is the company legit? They keep posting some crap about holidays and UK Royal Weddings on their site...

2. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

They're a legit company but have awful customer service if customer reviews are anything to go by. No personal experience though.

3. Cyclone Chris thread starter macrumors regular

I think that is the English way. I'm currently living in England, and it seems like they get to things whenever they feel like it. Basically a tea break comes before anything else.

4. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

Keep us posted

I want to buy the rebel micro sim but I waiting for "chiefpavvy" or you to test it out. April 10 is almost 3 weeks .. darn slow .. what the heck.

5. italeki macrumors regular

[I think that is the English way. I'm currently living in England, and it seems like they get to things whenever they feel like it. Basically a tea break comes before anything else] hahahahahahaha LOL :)

6. italeki macrumors regular

Hahahahahahahahaha LOL

7. italeki macrumors regular

When is Ultrasn0w going to release the unlock for 4.10.01??? Any word if it's going to be any time soon?

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

As it's always been, nobody knows.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont see it happening any time soon.

10. Zermelo macrumors regular

This just isn't a priority anymore. With the hardware alternatives and the official unlocks for $170, there is less of a need for it anymore, especially since it appears that finding an exploit is just not that simple and with the impending release of the iPhone 5.

The dev-team hasn't even jailbroken the iPad 2 yet, so the unlock for those basebands which have other unlocking alternatives is just not a priority, the new hardware is.

11. Cyclone Chris thread starter macrumors regular

Yea... I got tired of waiting for Ultrasnow, and I recently received a replacement iPhone on 4.3.1, which cannot be unlocked at the moment, so I had to go the Rebel Sim route.

12. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Anxious to hear how it works once you receive it!

13. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

The Rebel SIM is just not ready yet. They keep making excuses and keep pushing it back. It simply isn't fully ready yet (probably working out some last minute kinks). Either that, or they're having problems manufacturing.

But the lack of notice for customers why they're waiting over half a month is disturbing and makes me choose the Gevey Pro SIM instead. I don't mind doing the process (how often do you reboot anyway [unless you're doing something in Cydia]). The untethered thing is real attractive, but for the price and the unknown true wait time, may as well dish out 40$ (for one off their site...cheaper on eBay) to have an unlocked phone now.

As for dev team, they've been pretty quiet about this. If I remember correctly, it's cause mainly one person was familiar with the iP4 unlocking process and he hasn't been heard from online for quite some time. Since that expert is now gone, dev team has slowed down tremendously. I love dev team and all, but when you look at it, it's only a select few that release certain things. The few members who are widely known release only one type of thing (i.e. jailbreak or unlock or something). If that one expert in their field of expertise disappears, dev team struggles. With the disappearance of the member who did iP4 unlock, the dev team has slowed down/halted progress on the iP4 unlock for basebands beyond 01.59.

And if I'm mistaken, please correct me! This is only based off what I heard, so yeah. I may be wrong!! This is NOT 100%.

14. jorgenekah macrumors newbie

Rebel Micro Sim??

They are legit,

I have ordered my rebel sim card since Apr 13th and today has been shipped. I already have my DHL tracking number, it should be here in around 3 days. Will let you know if it works!

15. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Looking forward to the report back!

16. Cyclone Chris thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like mine finally shipped, as I received an email from them with a Royal Mail Tracking#. It's gonna be a while for it to reach me as it's first heading to the U.S., then my wife needs to mail it to me as I'm currently in the middle east fighting wars and stuff...

17. Bassy182 macrumors newbie

Does yours work? I finally recieved mine and it wont work. just no service. :mad:

18. jumpermuckface macrumors newbie

got rebel micro sim today

Rebel Micro Sim arrived in mail today. I ordered two for two phones. Both with baseband 02.10.04. One with 4.1 and one with 4.2.3 installed.

Package was very professional looking. Came with rubber iphone case, stylus pen, Sim programmer, iphone clear screen protector and micro sims with tray.

1. My Sim wouldn't fit in the tray with the rebel sim so using a nail file I shaved off the edge of my Sim to fit.

2. Put Sim in and rebooted. Showed one bar but no network or carrier. Followed directions to dial 112 and then turn airplane mode on and off.

3. After turning airplane mode on it said searching and this went on for about a minute or so and then said No Service. I followed steps above again and rebooted and no success. Did this with both phones and neither worked. Never got a carrier signal.

4. Went to Rebel Sim site to download firmware micro sim using this link... http://rebelsimcard.com/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=68 ... but link doesnt work. Was going to try and reprogram rebel sims with programmer provided but without software I can't

5. I emailed them to tell them it is not working and to request they email me the software zip file so I can try and reinstall or install the proper firmware on Rebel Sim. I have no idea if it comes installed to work or not but certainly the rebel sims are not working.

Very disappointed. If anyone has any suggestions or success with their orders I would appreciate a heads up.

Thanks

Jake

19. Cyclone Chris thread starter macrumors regular

well, this is not good news. I can't believe they would launch a product that would not work.

I saw a video earlier today on YouTube of a guy that received a Rebel Sim that worked without any problems. He didn't even have to dial 112.

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why didn't you guys go with something that had worked for many people like the gevey adapter? Instead of taking a chance with something unknown?

21. Cyclone Chris thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not a fan of constantly dialing 112 if I reboot. In the UK 112 is actually 911.

22. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I thought you had to do the same with Rebel.
    But better that than nothing though.

23. PhxF macrumors newbie

I'm sure the reroute is the same in the U.S., just don't be an idiot and let it dial, really simple. Redialing 112 isn't all that bad actually.

24. Cyclone Chris thread starter macrumors regular

Well the end call button seems to freeze after a sec when u dial 112 in the UK. Weird.

25. Cyclone Chris thread starter macrumors regular