Rebirth of the iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ivoruest, Aug 3, 2012.

1. ivoruest, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

I think if Apple wanted to change the course of the iPod Touch, which seems to be dying, then should make a more promising device for better gaming and music experience.

I like the iPod Touch and use it every day as my music device in my car. But I definitely would use it more if it was a better gaming device. It shouldn't be left behind, there are lots of apps and opportunities to match PS Vita's market and make the iPod Touch thrive as a multimedia console.

Do you think Apple still cares about the iPod Touch?

Update: iPod Touch could also compete in the consumer Digital Camera market, gaming, and music markets as well. I think there is still plenty that can be done with this product. Hope that Apple does see the way I do.

2. jtre1, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012

jtre1 macrumors member

Yea. Apple still cares. Last year Phil Scheller said " We love music and will continue to make the worlds greatest music players "after he announced the white version of the ipod touch. Most likely they will introduce a new model this year to lure the younger crowd and to introduce new people to Apple and their other products

3. coolguy879 macrumors member

Yeah, Apple still cares about the iPod touch. I'm just hoping they release the iPod touch 5G sooner rather than later since the iPad 3 has already come out and iPhone 5 is confirmed.

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

They should be announcing one with a 4 inch screen and new dock connector.

5. coolguy879 macrumors member

yes!

6. tonyr6 macrumors 6502a

tonyr6

Just include more than 256 MB of RAM and I will be happy.

7. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

One gen behind the iPhone

A Fair assumption is that any new iPod Touch would have a similar hardware spec to the current iPhone, but with the new smaller dock connector.

The fabled 128BG iPod Touch would, of course be a huge step forward - but here's one fan is is still pinning his (misguided) hopes on a new classic...