iPod touch Reboot Loop, Fix not working? [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lolkthxbai, Sep 4, 2013.

1. lolkthxbai, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013

lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

I'm looking for help, I'm not sure what I'm doing. I have an old iPod Touch 4th Gen running iOS 6.0.1
    It's in a reboot loop. I'm not sure if its jailbroken or not, its been a long time since I've used it. I'm positive its jailbroken though. In any case, I want to get out of the reboot loop in iOS 6.0.1 jailbroken, if possible or not. I have the right ispw and tried using the latest version of redsnow to either use "Just boot" and "recovery fix" and neither have worked. Could I use the Evasi0n jailbreak to fix this?

I plug in the ipod and it has the apple boot logo, after a while it will go to a blank white screen, then black screen and then back to the apple logo. Any help is appreciated.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

3. lolkthxbai thread starter macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

Thanks but that would lead me to the latest version of iOS (6.1.3/4) which can't be jailbroken. I managed to get the answer somewhere else. I'm posting it here in case someone ends up finding my post through a search.

"...
    Download 6.0 from here http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Firmware and before you use exit recovery or just boot use "select ipsw" function andf[sic] navigate to 6.0. Then use [DFU mode] sequence to kick out of recovery, repeat and use boot tethered.
    ..."

Thanks to slavakulikoff

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Going to 6.1.3 is your only option unless the SHSH are saved.

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Use ifaith (windows only) to dump your iOS 6.0.1 blobs. That way you can have the option of restoring to 6.0.1 (it only works because you have the 4th gen itouch)

You can also untether jailbreak in case you didn't know that. Download evasi0n untether from cydia if you have a tethered jailbreak