Rebooting after using iStat....??....?..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alphatectz, Apr 28, 2009.

1. alphatectz macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

So this morning I notice that my iPhone has been lagging, so I open up iStats to clear up some space (took a little longer then usual) after using iStats my iPhone just rebooted it self (now it took OD long to reboot & show the apple logo), so I was confused. At least my iPhone isnt lagging anymore. but strange just was woundering if this has this every happen to anyone?

(No my phone isnt jailbroken (anymore) I got tired of the lag so im sticking with the stock iphone until 3.0 comes out.)

2. marksandvig macrumors regular

sometimes i do notice that if i havent rebooted my phone in too long i have the same issue when i try to free up some ram.

3. M477 macrumors newbie

I actually can't understand why people see the need to use applications like iStat. I can understand the need to want to free up memory but the iPhone OS does have the ability to manage memory usage by itself.

If memory becomes low, and another application needs more, then it closes other applications to demand. It's a core function of all operating systems.

4. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

Well I hardly reboot, if I do reboot it's either b/c the iPhone froze or something. But I'll keep in min that I should atleast reboot once a week.

5. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

Istats= faster to clear up memory on the iPhone. (it's just a faster and easier way to get around.)

Now if u jailbreak and have sbsettings and have processor as a toggle you can use that just to kill what ever app you don't want. But then again youlll experience lag.

6. sesnir macrumors 6502

Yeah but it's not perfect... when apps start crashing, I just run iStat and free up some memory and then everything is stable again.

7. alphatectz thread starter macrumors 6502a

alphatectz

+1. iStats is a great app.