Rebooting iPad erases everything?!?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LadyHoneyBabe, Nov 23, 2010.

1. LadyHoneyBabe macrumors 6502

I rebooted my iPad by using the on/off and home buttons. I saw the apple and let go of the buttons and now it's asking to be plugged into iTunes. I'm not to happy about this because I'm away from my computer right now...:mad:

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

You didn't reboot, you put you iPad into DFU mode. You can reboot you iPad just by holding the button on the top. When was the last time the iPad was backed up?

3. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

If it has something on the screen that isn't DFU mode, sounds more like Recovery Mode. To reboot you will need to do a hard reboot

4. LadyHoneyBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

It's showing the USB cable and and arrow above it pointing to the iTunes logo...that's what's on my screen. Also, I just did a hard reboot and that's how this all started.

I just backed up my iPad last night before I upgraded to 4.1.2

5. emw macrumors G4

emw

I saw an odd note on the Apple support forums that the hard reset may only work in Portrait mode. Not sure if that will help.

Also, I'm assuming you're tried the reset sequence a couple of times?

6. LadyHoneyBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

I wasn't in Portrait mode. :( Yes, I tried the reset sequence a couple of times and I still get the USB/iTunes screen.

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

Bummer. Sounds like you may just have to wait to sync. Although pressing all sorts of buttons in odd sequences sometimes works for me when I'm frustrated ;)

Sounds like you have it backed up, so haven't lost anything at least.

8. LadyHoneyBabe thread starter macrumors 6502

just connected to iTunes and it's restoring my iPad to the factory settings. I'm really not happy about this.