Rebooting iphone, not the typical dfu problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mtho68, Mar 12, 2010.

1. mtho68 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    So my iphone 3G keeps rebooting, only getting to the apple logo and then restarting every 15-20 seconds. I was finally able to get it connected to itunes via dfu so that i could restore it but when i was restoring, it got to the part where it said preparing to restore/waiting for iphone, and my iphone restarted again. Thereby cancelling the restore. I have tried many things i have seen recommended: changing usb port and cable, trying different computer, restarting comp, turning off and restarting apple mobile service, trying it without the sim card...Also i am running Windows 7 with the most current Itunes

I don't know what else to do so if anyone has any ideas or personal experience with this problem please let me know.

This started happening last night at 9:00pm and it happened after i received an email with a ppt. presentation attatchment. when i clicked (touched) the email to open it to see what the message said the phone became really slow and i had to restart it using the home/power button restart and since i did that it has kept restarting with the problem previously mentioned. I didn't know if this part was applicable but i figured it wouldn't hurt to give as much info as possible

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Try the restore in DFU mode again. It's your only hope. See my sig to make sure you're doing it right.