Rebooting or Re-backing up information with Western Digital

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zacme, Jul 8, 2012.

1. zacme macrumors newbie

How do I re-back up my hard drive with a Western Digital (WD) Hard Drive?

So the Time Machine on my 2008 Macbook says that my hard drive hasn't been backed up in 71+ days. I keep plugging in the hard drive to try to back up but it keeps saying there is an error in the Time Machine Back Up. I know that it could be an error on my part for not backing up, but this has been going on for weeks (hence the 71+ days of not backing up). My operating system is Leopard, so that might be slowing the process, but still I know there is a way to re-back up my hard drive. So if you have any suggestions or links or anything helpful, please reply.

Sidenote: My pictures and other important documents are in a file on the external hard drive, so I really can't delete all my files on the hard drive. Lets work around that and tell me just how to re-back up so that TIME MACHINE will work again. Also if you have suggestions to better external hard drives (cheap and productive and portable), please don't hesitate to let me know.

2. smellalot macrumors 6502

So what you are saying is you want to make a backup, but not of your pics and documents?
    If you want to backup these files too you need to get another external hard drive.