Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many times have you rebooted your iPhone in the last 30 days?

• 0 times

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • 1 time

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • 2-5 times

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • 6-10 times

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 11-20 times

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • 21-30 times

Votes: 3 5.5%

• Total voters

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I was having an issue on my iPhone 6S+ where the device would crash out to the Apple logo screen upon activation of TouchID. I live right down the street from the Apple store so I figured I would stop by and get it looked at.

Professionally, I'm a Windows user with a pretty good understanding of how the OS works. For my personal life, I have a certain level of blissful ignorance when it comes to devices. It turns out, I was utilizing a ton of RAM and causing iOS to crash out on occasion.

Back to the point of the thread. The Genius asked me the last time I rebooted my device, and I honestly couldn't say.

How often do y'all reboot your iPhone?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I rarely reboot the phone. The last time was a few days ago, when it seemed to be acting flaky getting refreshing emails. But for the most part, it just goes and goes.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I was having an issue on my iPhone 6S+ where the device would crash out to the Apple logo screen upon activation of TouchID. I live right down the street from the Apple store so I figured I would stop by and get it looked at.

Professionally, I'm a Windows user with a pretty good understanding of how the OS works. For my personal life, I have a certain level of blissful ignorance when it comes to devices. It turns out, I was utilizing a ton of RAM and causing iOS to crash out on occasion.

Back to the point of the thread. The Genius asked me the last time I rebooted my device, and I honestly couldn't say.

How often do y'all reboot your iPhone?
I have an Activator action that reboots my phone every morning at 7:30am.

I'm jailbroken.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I rarely reboot the phone. The last time was a few days ago, when it seemed to be acting flaky getting refreshing emails. But for the most part, it just goes and goes.
Yeah, this is the first time I have ever seen anything like this. The phone would act like I just rebooted, but snapped back quicker and any audio I had been enjoying just died.
[doublepost=1462590988][/doublepost]
I have an Activator action that reboots my phone every morning at 7:30am.

I'm jailbroken.
Cool. Thanks for the feedback. I'm not interested in jailbreaking personally. I probably do need to remember to reboot my device about once a week.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Cool. Thanks for the feedback. I'm not interested in jailbreaking personally. I probably do need to remember to reboot my device about once a week.
Believe me, I'm not trying to push jailbreaking on anyone here. I just brought it up because other than jailbreaking I know of no way to do this on an automated schedule.

Had I failed to mention that I was jailbroken the next question might have been "How?" And then disappointment when I told you. So, I just decided to mention it up front.

Reactions: AustinIllini

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Yeah, this is the first time I have ever seen anything like this. The phone would act like I just rebooted, but snapped back quicker and any audio I had been enjoying just died.
[doublepost=1462590988][/doublepost]
iOS manages ram very well as fat as I can tell. I almost never close out apps. How do you manage to use so much memory/ram?

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
iOS manages ram very well as fat as I can tell. I almost never close out apps. How do you manage to use so much memory/ram?
Running poorly written Apps like Radio.com for long periods of time and not resetting my phone. it is kind of crappy for a S series model, the problem appears to have improved.

smacrumon

macrumors 68030
Jan 15, 2016
I had to reboot my device because it was doing strange things such as NOT ACTIVATING ANY ALARMS, a complete no, no when you need to be somewhere on time! It's led me to become filled with paranoia when such an event will occur again.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Yeah, so I factory restored and the device continued to crash. Apple replaced it no questions asked. Still wish I knew why it happened, but so far so good.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I can't recall the last time I neede to reboot it. I guess when ever the last time an update came out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.