iPad Pro Reboots Frequently, Loses Cellular

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rob.G, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Rob.G macrumors 6502

Rob.G

My iPad Pro was doing great up until about two weeks ago. I noticed one day that it had lost its cellular connection. I thought hmm, maybe it's just a weak signal. Didn't think much of it, but after two days, I tried rebooting it and it returned.

A few days later it rebooted during the night. And lost the signal again. I rebooted it again in the morning and the signal came back.

The other day, another nighttime reboot and lost signal. Did the same thing.

This morning, while no nighttime reboot, the signal is gone again. It's not that I use the cellular signal; it's the point of it.

How many other folks are having similar problems?

2. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

I've not noticed anything quite like that, my PHONE does this ALL the time though. Apple is sending me a new one. id call them, he didn't even ask to do much troubleshooting, so maybe they are aware of something with IOS on specific senarios ?

3. ACG12 macrumors 6502

My wife's Mini 4 cellular has been doing this since new. I've tried everything and it doesn't stop. I have an appointment on Monday at the Apple Store to get it fixed or replaced.

4. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

I'm so sorry you're stuck with going to the store. If you can afford it, i'd call apple, demand a new one for repacement. They will let you pay for the device in full ( as a hold ), send you a new one, and then they can take as long as they want on the other one. 9 times out of 10 they just keep my old device, and I get a new one as they don't want to pay for shipping i guess.

5. Rob.G thread starter macrumors 6502

Rob.G

Another thing I noticed with mine is, coinciding with these issues, battery life has tanked. When I first got it, it was quite good. I was charging it about every third day. Now it's every other day. And I'm not using it any more than I was... possibly less.

I got mine through AT&T. I guess I'l have to go through them. If they'll just order me a replacement and I can swap it when it comes in, that'll be fine. It's that or an hour drive up into Portland traffic to the Apple Store, which I'd rather not do.

6. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

I got mine through verizon, and I am still able to get replacement items from apple, directly from apple. like I said, as long as you pay the hold amount, they'll send you one overnight.

7. Rob.G thread starter macrumors 6502

Rob.G

I have a potential fix. I went on a trip a few days ago and by that time, I was losing cell service constantly. I'd reboot it, and within ten minutes (usually less), it'd drop again. Very irritating. Well, during one of those reboots, it came back up and said "invalid sim."

So, yesterday morning I went by a local AT&T store and they replaced the sim for me. Since then, I've had zero proble