Reborn again

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by LeKiD, Feb 29, 2008.

1. LeKiD macrumors regular

LeKiD

Hi all, just wanted to share my new mac pro experience with you.

Got my Mac Pro last week and I couldn't use it because my old monitor was not compatible with the new machine.

Got my new monitor today (Dell 2408) and I'm slowly reinstalling everything from my old PowerMac G5 1.8 Single processor. The jump is just incredible, it is so slick.

I just wanted to share my good story. Nothing went wrong. No sleeping issue - Amazing wireless experience (Mouse/keyboard) - No dead pixel (great monitor) - Stable base.

Up to now... I'm falling in love again!

2. zdobson macrumors 6502

Glad to hear someone else is also having the same positive experience that I am. My new MP makes my PBG4 look like a special needs child.

3. sourcery macrumors newbie

16 days I ago switched from my old WinXP Pro/1xFX-55/2GB/300GB to a new Mac Pro/8x3.2GHz/14GB/1TB. The difference is incredible. Apple is a decade ahead of the Wintel platform.

No problems whatsoever, other than my own ignorance of MacOSX (a problem which is diminishing day by day.)

4. LeKiD thread starter macrumors regular

LeKiD

Nice machine... you ain't doing a small jump!

5. zdobson macrumors 6502

The great thing about OSX is that if you're not sure how to do something and you think, "Hmmm... If I had designed this, I would press x and y would happen," and then it works that way!

6. OlBlueHair macrumors regular

The great thing about OSX is that if you're not sure how to do something and you think, "Hmmm... If I had designed this, I would press x and y would happen," and then it works that way![/QUOTE]

I have used macs for 10 years now and sometimes when I can't remember how to do something or find something, the answer is so simple it eluded me...like I find myself thinking of a much harder way or a way that would take more steps. It's crazy.

7. ma1123 macrumors newbie

dell 2408

anyone out there with a mac pro with a dell 2408 monitor? I'm looking to buy a new monitor to replace my old samsung. How is this new dell monitor? is it comparable with the apple acd 23" or the imac monitor?