Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NikBar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Sydney
Hey all,

Im looking at buying a case for my brand new blackbook, i have narrowed it down to the following;

Stm Glove

Stm Rebound

These are the two cases that im looking at as i can go to my local apple reseller and pick one up.

Im mearly looking for advice and feedback of these 2 cases

thanks

jawzzy

macrumors regular
May 13, 2007
New York
Well, I've owned neither of these cases, but they look similar. I'd go for the Rebound because:

1. The description of the foam of the Rebound makes it seem like you would get more protection than from the neoprene of the Glove.

2. The rebound looks much better.

3. The Rebound lets you work with the laptop without taking it completely out of the case, and I imagine the 3-side zipper makes it much easier to get in and out.

My .02 cents. Hope you're happy with it, whichever you decide to get. :)

NikBar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Sydney
Thanks for the reply

Anyone else have any opinions on this case? i have no-idea which to get, ive seen them both in person and like them both but which one to get

Retired
May 16, 2006
Just to say, (many others and) I have had great experiences with Booq sleeves :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
^^Way to not listen to the OP. :p

Between those 2, I'd go with the Rebound. Why? Well, because I have the Rebound, and I can't imagine one way it could possibly be improved. I've seen the rest, and they either do not compare, or they offer an equal amount of foam, but aren't as well thought out or designed. I like how I could (potentially) drop my laptop edge or corner first, and , and yet it would probably not crack at all. You can say that other things like the ZeroShock are as good since it uses the thick foam, but my girlfriend has one, and it's not.

The Glove, which I have also used (it was my friend's Glove, and it was for her BlackBook, but I borrowed it before I bought my Rebound), and it protects your laptop from scratches. That's it. It doesn't protect your laptop from anything else but scratches. It's prettier, though. You may as well put it in a pillowcase if you're going to buy a Glove. They're really not worth it.

With a Rebound, you probably don't even need a laptop bag. Just put the laptop into the Rebound and toss it into your backpack.

NikBar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Sydney

Between those 2, I'd go with the Rebound. Why? Well, because I have the Rebound, and I can't imagine one way it could possibly be improved. I've seen the rest, and they either do not compare, or they offer an equal amount of foam, but aren't as well thought out or designed. I like how I could (potentially) drop my laptop edge or corner first, and , and yet it would probably not crack at all. You can say that other things like the ZeroShock are as good since it uses the thick foam, but my girlfriend has one, and it's not.

The Glove, which I have also used (it was my friend's Glove, and it was for her BlackBook, but I borrowed it before I bought my Rebound), and it protects your laptop from scratches. That's it. It doesn't protect your laptop from anything else but scratches. It's prettier, though. You may as well put it in a pillowcase if you're going to buy a Glove. They're really not worth it.

With a Rebound, you probably don't even need a laptop bag. Just put the laptop into the Rebound and toss it into your backpack.

Thanks for that detailed response, Im leaning more towards the rebound ill see how i go when im at the shops:D

daisu

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
Flushing, Queens
I wouldn't mind checking out the Rebound sleeve, but it doesn't look like it's easily available. Anyone have a link in the US for their sleeves?

Vynce

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2007
The Rebounds are available from Radtech in the US. They've been discontinued though and there's only a few of the less-popular models left.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.