Rebuffing constantly

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Tech198, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

With iTunes, apparently, you can increase the buffer size "Large" to stop the frequent buffering that may curing when listening/watching videos/music/podcasts.

I've never tried this, but they may have removed the latest version of ITunes.

In any case, I'm getting this same problem, but on AppleTV 2.

It could be a coincidence, bur of all the times it keeps re-buffering is on shows (ie pod cats) that have been released the same day.

I have a feigning maybe the "Large" versions (when available), may/may not always solve this, but I cannot find a link to this concept. The different is their a larger file size, but that looks about it, (based on the length of time they go for).

Anyone else have this problem?

Presumably, it would also happen in the ITunes application itself too since it's coming from the same source.

2. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Try playing that podcast on your Mac. Use Activity Monitor (Applications -> Utilities -> Activity Monitor) to watch the network traffic. If the site is getting hammered by many people downloading the same content at the same time, it's likely that you cannot prevent constant buffering.

Consider subscribing to the podcast in iTunes, then syncing that podcast to the AppleTV. The podcast won't be made available to your AppleTV until it is completely downloaded by iTunes. Then you will be able to watch the full episode without buffering issues.