Recall on iPod touch???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Prof., Sep 17, 2007.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Does anyone think that there will be a recall on the iPod touch due to the irreparable negative black screen?

Prof. :apple:

2. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

No.

If you have an issue, Apple will handle it on a case by case basis. Like they have done with every other issue.

3. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

doubt

doubt massive recall, we will see though

Arisian

4. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

Lets say I want to wait a few weeks until they fix the problem to return it. Will I still be able to return it even though it is past the 14 days?

Prof. :apple:

5. MacMan33 macrumors regular

MacMan33

I would say NO

6. RCGMac macrumors regular

My thoughts are if there is an actual issue that can be fixed then they will take it back as it is under Apple's warrenty. They would then fix it or replace it if ness. but after 14 days, don't expect to get your money back.

7. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

If you honestly think this is a widespread problem, then don't buy one only to return it later. Buy the product, if it is defective, take it back and exchange it. Why are you asking us when the only entity who would know about any recall would be Apple?

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I agree... if that's the concern you have, don't buy one unless/until it works like you think it should work. I don't personally see this as a "defect" so much as a limitation. It really doesn't fit into what is typically characterized as recall-worthy, and certainly not what would warrant a dictated (by most governments) recall. Apple could certainly choose to do so anyway. But you banking on it is just a bad move.

9. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

If you buy something somewhere other than at the apple store, and they decide there is a problem they are going to deal with, can you still take it back to the apple store within the 14 days to get a replacement, or do you have to deal with the 3rd party dealer?

10. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

It's under warranty for a year correct? I mean, technically, can't you bring it in to Apple for repair any time during that first year? What if you don't really want your money back... what if you just want a working model? I think getting it REPAIRED would better ensure you will get a perfect one. If you just return and replace, you might just keep getting the same thing or variations of the same thing but, if you get it "repaired" it may come out better and "to spec" rather than just keep exchanging them until you get a good one. Just my thoughts.

11. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

If you get it 'repaired' you are going to get a refurb. If you are ok spending $400 on a refurb then sure, get one that's been technician 'tested.

For the record the 1st Nano that my sister had 'repaired' under warranty was a refurb that wouldn't even turn on. So great QC with those refurbs to be sure.

12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

The other problem with this argument is that, when Apple goes and puts a brighter backlight in your computer or a bigger hard drive, your old one doesn't magically become "defective". Some people are reporting sparkling, which does sound odd to me, but the poor contrast for darker components of images is not itself a "defect." There's no guarantee that it will be fixed, and there's certainly no guarantee (and little likelihood) that, if the display on the iPod is changed because of this issue, it will be recognized as a defect or replaced by Apple....