Recalled iPhone charger died

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by milani, Feb 7, 2010.

1. milani macrumors 68000

milani

I'm planning to phone Apple tomorrow about this problem, so don't bother yelling at me to "phone Apple."

As I'm sure many of you recall, there was a recall on the old iPhone wall charger - I guess some sort of shock risk, perhaps the prongs were prone to getting stuck in the wall/pulling out of the plastic housing, or something like that. Whatever the case was, Apple sent out a new version with rounded prongs - probably the one that most of you have now.

Anyway, the long and short of it is that one night I plugged my iPhone into the charger and to my dismay it didn't start to charge. I tested out the USB cable and it was fine, and then tried a different USB cable with the wall charger unit - and it didn't work. So it's obviously the wall charger itself.

As I said above I'm going to call Apple tomorrow, but I was curious if this has happened to anyone else. And in case anyone asks, no, I don't take the charger out of the wall. I don't take it with me when I travel. It pretty much hasn't moved from the wall since Apple sent out the updated version.

2. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

funny thing is up until now I would have said no. but.....I sold a new OEM Cable and Wall Block this past Friday and he called today saying it wont charge his iPhone. he has narrowed it down to the block. I have not had this problem before.

also, on my cable that came with my 3Gs both ends look like they are burnt. I only charge using my pc that way my iPhone sync's every night and I am always current with any updates. the cable is still working but looks like crap. it is not melted it just looks that way.