Reccomend a music service?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Natesac, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I'm ready to sign up for a music subscription. I'll be using an iPhone 6 and iPad Air. Would like to be able to cache as much as possible on wifi to help keep my cellular data use as low as possible (I'm in the car a LOT).

Google music? Spotify? Rdio?

Help me pick.

2. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

I'll vote for spotify. They finally updated their ipad app with all latest features. And spotify has everything I need. An easy way to add favorites and then playing them in order or shuffle and sort by newly added or title. The other options always have something really basic missing. One feature rdio had that spotify just got is the ability to use your iphone for example as a remote for your computer running spotify. Or the other way around if you like. And rdio costs more. All I know about google music is if you have local music you can upload that for streaming which could prove useful for some.

3. aham23 macrumors regular

Spotify is my jam. Awesome! They just added Family accounts as well. Love it.

4. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

Spotify premium fills my needs perfectly. The radio is great for discovering new tracks and there's a ton of playlists that you can follow too.

5. TheColtr macrumors 6502

I use beasts music and love it, it it's really beautiful on the larger iPhone displays and the sound quality is really great! Also there's good customer support, unlike spotify where I had them rob me a month of premium and wouldn't refund me.

6. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

Spotify is all you need. It is the best. (not trying to sound like a know-it-all, I've TRIED them all, and so it is my opinion)

7. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Call me crazy, but I prefer buying my music on iTunes over paying a monthly fee to access a limited amount. I have yet to spend more annually buying music than I would through a subscription. To each their own, but it's not for me. I discover new music on FM radio for free. My tastes aren't so indie that stuff I like isn't played on top 40 or alternative.

8. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Spotify 100%

You can create "offline" playlists.

They Offer up to 320kbps streaming or "Extreme Quality".

It's probably the best out there. There iPhone app is so nicely laided out. $10 well spent.

9. WJKramer macrumors 6502

If you're looking for music discovery Spotify is horrible. The radio function is crazy random and even jumps between genres. The playlists are mostly Top 40 Hits. I switched to RDIO last month and so far couldn't be happier. The stations are set perfectly and you can control the variety. They all have pros and cons. Try them all for free.

10. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

OP, while Spotify is the king of streaming now keep in mind that Apple is in the process of overhauling and integrating Beats. Also Apple could be adding some different features into Beats. Trent Reznor who is Beats creative director gives some hints here.

11. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Same here. Tried most other services and nothing comes close.

Best £10 p/m I've ever spent.

12. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

I took a while to decide which service I went for. Ultimately I chose Beats. The most important thing to me is being able to store full albums in my library, which all services do. I prefer Beats' recommendations because I felt they were most relevant, and also liked the curated playlists format better than Spotify. The playlists are usually a lot shorter than on Spotify though. I also just prefer the Beats interface. It's complicated compared to the others, but I think it looks best, and it's easy to understand eventually. I also like that it's part of Apple now, so hopefully it will be more integrated. The biggest drawback to not using Spotify is that you'll miss out on all the social features.

13. bushido Suspended

bushido

Spotify <3 made me stop being a "aaargh" all together

14. iPersian macrumors regular

15. mjschabow macrumors 65816

Until any of them get the rights to have The Beatles in their library, I'm not paying for any of these services.