Reccomendations for a case for my DSLR and MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by peapody, Jul 12, 2008.

1. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

Hi guys,

I just got a MBP and need some case reccomendations for it and my DSLR. I am looking for something stylish, low key and on the cheaper end if possible. I have considered crumpler, but was wondering if there are other brands I am missing!

2. Bootsie macrumors 6502a

Bootsie

Crumpler would be my pick, they are great bags. I use them for both my camera and laptop bags and I love them.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You didn't mention which size MBP you have. While it's certainly not the cheaper end, but you might find the booq Python Pro interesting. Designed for your notebook and a DSLR. booq products are incredibly well made. I love the Vyper M2 sleeve for my 15" MBP. Best sleeve I've ever seen for a MBP.

4. ButtUglyJeff macrumors 6502a

ButtUglyJeff

5. keltorsori macrumors regular

Ditto on the Crumpler, best damn bags for such things. The Lowepro Stealth Reporter is a pretty nice one as well. I highly recommend hitting a good camera store and trying a few out. Finding the "right" bag for you can be tough. I always have minor complaints, things I'd like changed with mine and I know I'm not alone.

6. bassism macrumors member

I'll back up Crumpler.
    I've got the Part and Parcel, which holds my MBP, camera, and a few lenses with ease. It's padded all the way around, with a perfectly fitting pocket for the MBP.

I don't think it really qualifies as being on the cheaper end of things though...

7. raxafarian macrumors regular

I've been very happy with a Kata
    http://www.kata-bags.com/Item.asp?pid=220&cid=28&perentId=4&ProdLine=4

very rugged bag.

8. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

I use a LowePro Mini Trekker AW for my Canon 40D and 12" iBook. It also carries about 4 lenses and accessories.

It's not actually designed to carry a laptop though. That's just an extra benefit of having a 12" laptop...

[​IMG]

9. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

^^Haha yeah...too bad my 12" powerbook is on the way out!

Wow some of these bags are crazy!

I was going for a more minimalist look. Just wanted a low key bag for my 15" MBP and D40 with just the stock lens and perhaps chargers. Just starting out in this high tech world! ;)

Since I have a 12" thinkpad, I was thinking I might just use my normal backpack and sleeve for that computer as well as the d40 (I have one of those inserts from another bag). I found a brenthaven Edge II bag on ebay for $35...is this a good deal?

10. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

11. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

Oh man squeeks. That is a nice BP! But all those compartments are lost on me since I plan to only carry my MBP and my D40 with stock lens...I am a beginner!!

What do you guys think of this bag? Just for the mbp and d40 and perhaps the chargers. Seems low profile and small enough for me..I am a 5ft tall asian girl. Haha.

http://www.booqbags.com/s.nl/it.A/id.299/.f?sc=12&category=-112

12. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

13. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

Yeah damn.

Too bad too...that bag certainly looks ideal to me!!

14. peapody thread starter macrumors 68040

peapody

sigh.. the booq case looks so nice. What is the upper limit to spend on the perfect bag I wonder...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

I'm gonna throw in another recommendation for Crumpler. And if you are in the NY area, they regularly do a summertime "beer for bags" promotion. Sweet.