Reccomendations for All-In-One Rebate printer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by polysicks, May 2, 2010.

1. polysicks macrumors newbie

I checked Mroogle and noticed it's been a year since this was discussed so thought I'd start a new thread.

I'll be buying a new MBP once the back to school deal is in effect and thought I'd ask for recommendations on the All-In-One printers available with the rebate deal.

I generally do all my printing in the lab where I'm doing my thesis, so part of me is tempted to sell the printer, but I'd be surprised if I could get enough back to make it worth it when I'm willing to pay a little more to have a nice printer around.
    Any reccomendations with what's available? I'm tempted by the Canon Pixma MP560

2. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

If you go for the cheapest printer then you get it completely "free" via rebate, if it expensive then you have to pay the difference I believe. So you can really get any of the printers off of the Apple Store, just go for the one that has the best specs for the price you want to pay. Also, looks may be another thing for you if you want it to suit everything else on your desk.

3. polysicks thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I'm aware that the rebate is only $99 and that I would pay the difference with more expensive models.

Just curious if anyone has had positive or negative experiences with the all-in-one models and if the would offer recommendations based on those experiences.

4. Christina1971 macrumors regular

I have a Canon Pixma MP600 (I think it has been discontinued) and I've been very happy with it. The ink is criminally expensive, just like all the other printer brands. But it lasts for a pretty good long time, and it doesn't dry up as fast as HP and Epson printers do, in my experience. I also appreciate that I can buy one color at a time.

The scanner software is clunky but gets the job done. I also appreciate duplex printing. I like being able to make the occasional photocopy, but it's not a printer I would suggest if you needed to make lots of copies at a time. And one downside to my printer is that it is large.

If I had to buy a printer today, I would prefer a Canon Pixma.

5. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

damn i forgot they offered free printers too!

don't want to hijack the thread (and don't want to start a new one just because of this), but when the back to school promo comes, do you get $100-$200 discount on macs, an ipod touch for free, a printer for free and apple care for less?all of it? or am i missing something here?
    thanks!:)

6. joaoferro37 macrumors 6502

joaoferro37

I bought the Epson Stylus NX510 All-in-One Printer from Apple.
    rebate:
    http://www.apple.com/promo/

Sell the original ink cartridge on ebay and get 15 dollars back.
    Get the ink refill solution from neweggmall.

7. dcoux09 macrumors member

Yes. 100 off the Mac, free 8 gb ipod, free printer 99 or less.

8. green86 macrumors 6502

green86

Yes go for it! When I saw this thread that was the printer I was going to recommend! I did a couple of hours of research, as I just took advantage of this offer. The best bang for your buck is definitely the MP560...

Wireless, duplex printing, and a scanner... and the ink tanks only cost about 16$, PLUS they have two black ink tanks and the one for text is much larger. The quality for pictures is amazing... I was blown away when I was testing it. The main drawback from most of the reviews was that it was slow... but I can definitely live with that. GO with the MP560... you won't regret it.