Reccomendations... new 2016 MBP or a 2015?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zuckuss00, Jan 3, 2017.

1. zuckuss00 macrumors member

Hello guys,

I'm dipping back into the market for a new laptop computer. Of course I'm wanting a new MacBook Pro to replace my old 2011 I passed down.

I'm reading into the new Late 2016 overhaul 13" MacBook Pro which seems to be really unaccepted by most enthusiast MacBook Pro owners...

I understand the cost reasons, but as far as the actual laptop itself... Do you guys really recommend the new Late 2016 model MacBook Pro... or do would you suggest buying a new Late 2015 model 13" if I can source one.

I love to look and design of the new Late 2016 MBP. However, I'm concerned with battery life and the overall unacceptance of the new design. The new touch bar looks great, but I'm unsure if it is useful..

What do you guys recommend? Wait for a 2017 model maybe?

2. joleel7 macrumors member

I have problem with my 2016 MBP 15 last few days but things seem to be settling down, if you can wait a little bit and monitor the forum before you make you decision..

3. thesaint024 macrumors 6502a

thesaint024

Oh man. In a nutshell, if you appreciate new tech with all it's glory and potential growing pains, get the 2016. If you are more price sensitive and want a safe, reliable choice, get the 2015. Personal preference. I know what mine is. MR is very polarized. Look at the polls if you want a quantifiable view of what people are buying.

4. zuckuss00 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'm just going to go ahead and get the new tMBP 13"

The cost difference between the 2016 and a Best Buy discounted 2016 is a couple hundred dollars.

Seems like a new brainer to me. Hopefully I'll adjust to the new tMBP quickly.

5. semihunaldi macrumors newbie

I gave up from keeping my MBP 2016 with touch bar. It takes 3 replacement and each time different issues.
    I think this line of production is faulty. I will again return my last replacement and just wait a couple months or the 2017 model.

Laptop is fantastic btw. But It has issues.

You can read the details of my thread here :
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...s-inside-and-all-possible-mbp-issues.2025751/

6. CaptRB macrumors 6502a

CaptRB

I bought two of the 13" tMBP and have had nothing but fun with them. Some of my friends have bought them as well and the only issues I see are online. No battery issues or other glitches and I'm really putting this machine to work.

I think you'll be happy with the new machine, as most real owners seem to be.

R.

7. zuckuss00 thread starter macrumors member

The only think that really bothers me about the new line 2016 of MBP is the lack of a magsafe connector. I have no idea why Apple pulled that from the new fleet of MacBooks.

I don't mind using USB-C for everything for the rare occasions I plug something into my computer. But for charging.... common. Magsafe is a brilliant feature only Apple offers. Why?

It is honestly the only thing holding me back from the new 2016 fleet.

8. ZeDog macrumors member

ZeDog

I had not a single replacement for my MBP 15". Love it, even though it is expensive.

9. No. 44 macrumors member

No. 44

10. ambientdaw macrumors member

ambientdaw

So that review seems to say the 13" was updated but the 15" was not. Does that mean the 13" is a better computer? I am also on the fence between the 2015 and 2016. If the 13" 2015 is superior to the 15" I might consider such a tiny thing. But I am currently on a 2011 17" !!

11. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

If you have thirty pounds of peripherals with old connections and don't want to try getting together a couple USBC/TB3 hubs to run them all, stick with a 2015.

If not, go for the 2016.

12. fpenta macrumors member

My 15" 2.9/1TB/460 is fantastic, has no issues and battery life is great!!
    Get the new model!I returned two 2015 refurbished before this one