Receipt and Business Card Scanner Recommendations

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Trebz, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Trebz macrumors member

I am looking to make an investment in a scanner and software that I will use for business cards, and receipts for expense reports.

It probably makes sense to elaborate on the software and hardware requirements separately.

For the hardware, ideally it would be compatible with XP/Vista and OS X. It should also be portable, as I would like to keep up to date on my expenses as I accrue them. Something that would fit in my laptop bag would be perfect, so I can scan in dinner receipts, cab fares, etc. in my hotel room.

Software - to be honest, I want something that works well, even if that means Windows only. NEAT Receipts looks like a decent application, but is Windows only for now. Currently, my work laptop is windows, and all of my home machines are OS X. I am looking for something that does both receipts, and business cards.

If the software, or hardware, does not work on OS X, it isn't the end of the world. However, since there are some bright knowledgeable people on these forums, I figured I would ask this crowd if I can make an investment that will work with both operating systems.

Any recommendations?

2. Trebz thread starter macrumors member

3. skiwhitman macrumors member

I'd like to hear some recommendations, too? any???

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

5. aveug0tany macrumors newbie

Exporting to excel - from Neat Receipts for MAC, is IRIS scan I a better want to go

I cant find (consistent) information as to 'if' I can export information from Neat receipts (for MAC) to excel, how else could I send said info to my Accountant for example, if she does not have a 'global' software (not neat receipt specific that is) Would IRIS scan II be better equipped to carry this out :eek: