"Receipt" for 3G Fee?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BruiserB, May 1, 2010.

1. BruiserB macrumors 65816

Just wondering if AT&T sends an e-mail receipt to you when you pay the fee to activate 3G? ...and also if they will send a receipt on a monthly basis?

I can most likely expense my fee with my company in lieu of a data plan on my phone, but since there is not a physical bill, I would need some kind of receipt other than just the charge showing up on my corporate card.

2. coelacanth macrumors 6502

I'm interested in this topic as I also wanna expense the 3G connection. Anyform of proof other than your credit card statement?

3. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I received a confirmation email from AT&T about 12 hours after I activated my service. It stated the plan I chose and the amount. It also included the phone number tied to the iPad.

4. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

+1
    Not sure if they will send a receipt every month though

5. illutionz macrumors 65816

I got the following email after activating the 3G service

But I am not sure whether they will email this every month...

6. BruiserB thread starter macrumors 65816

I signed up and got that e-mail overnight. Should work as a receipt for this month, but it's not at all obvious if I will get a monthly letter at renewal. I can log in on the iPad and see that I got charged....I guess I can try to photocopy my iPad screen each month!?! :eek:

I tried to go to the address in the e-mail, WWW.ATT.COM/IPAD , to see if I can log into my account. I've tried both my e-mail address and "phone number" for the plan as my user ID. When I try on the personal page, it directs me to business accounts and when I try it there it sends me back to the personal side.

Has anyone managed to log into their data plan account outside of the "settings" app on the iPad? How did you do it?

I'm sure if I could get in there, I could print out something each month showing my payment.

7. leesweet macrumors 65816

leesweet

That is weird... I was assuming that what the iPad was accessing/logging in to *was* www.att.com/ipad... but obviously not. It wants your ATT login, not the 'account' you set up on your iPad.

I'm thinking, once again, this wasn't tested in advance by AT&T. Of course they didn't have an iPad, but they had to develop this and approve the text on the simulator's screen, etc. Sheesh...

I think someone needs to call. I don't have my iPad in front of me. Does the 3G page on the iPad say 'you can also login at www.att.com/ipad' or just 'more information at.. '? If it's 'login', someone needs to call and rattle some cages to get this straightened out one way or the other.

As for reimbursement, you will have the charge on your credit card. Isn't that enough? Depends on your company's policies, of course.

Edit: Went and got my iPad... :) I can't even see where it says any of that after the fact (of signing up; I remember it, also). It looks like there's a history of your payments, now showing the first month. Looks like it will show all months, but we won't know until 5/30, of course, or someone could convert to unlimited from 250. :D

If they added a 'send billing summary to my email' button, that would help all the people that need to submit expense reports. (Good thing there's no 'business' version of the iPad data, like there is with the iPhone. (Only reason we don't have a lot more on our corporate account is that friggin' $10-15 charge... but I digress..)

8. TraceyS/FL macrumors 601

If you had to, you could do a screen shot and then print that. The home button & the sleep button at the top at the same time. It saves to the photos and away you go! (I use it for mileage print outs in Trip Cubby - gosh i love that app).

9. Starbucker macrumors member

Great tip on the screenshot! Thanks.

10. fpepin macrumors newbie

Found: receipts!

I was able to login here:
    https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/

and see the history for my account including the ability to print out receipts for previous months.

11. emgoodman macrumors regular

With my first gen IPad (post paid) I did receive an email monthly. With the IPad 2, I have linked it with my ATT phone account, so not sure how that will work. I did sign up for paperless billing, so do get monthly phone bills emailed, but payment is automatic via direct withdrawal from my checking acct.

12. gmaxted macrumors newbie

Thanks for this link. I couldn't find it on ATT anywhere.