Receipt Organizer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by huddledfiber, Aug 12, 2012.

1. huddledfiber macrumors newbie

Can anyone suggest a good (free) program for receipt organization/scanning? I don't need any bunch of bells and whistles, just a good way to organize receipts I scanned or program that will scan and then organize.

Thanks.

TT

2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Try TagIt by Ironic Software; tagging is an awesome way to organize mainly because it's flexible, expandable, and integrates well with all kinds of software. Ironic also makes the excellent Yep and Leap, but I think TagIt's still free.

Evernote. Free, and it will OCR your documents if your scanner doesn't (Canon's excellent portable USB document scanners integrate especially nicely with Evernote, which is "included" with the scanner). Free, but online storage limited if you go over certain limits. Supports tagging too.

Or go all geeky and try Mendeley Desktop. Oriented toward academic research, but you could probably adapt it to your needs (you could even publish your receipts, like any good academic...:D )

3. JimWPVB macrumors member

X2 on Evernote

Evernote - simple, grows with you, and - did I say simple?!

4. turtle777 macrumors 6502a

I really like Neatworks, the latest version has been working quite well.

I'm using it with a Fujitsu ScanSnap.

Downside: $$$

-t