Receive iTunes gifts on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by liamwillib, Oct 11, 2010.

1. liamwillib macrumors member

Hi all, I would like to gift a tv series from iTunes to my gf who is in Australia for a few months. The problem is she only has an iPhone and no computer. I've been searching to find out if the gift link will download the shows directly to her phone or whether gifts can only be received on a computer running iTunes. Both accounts are UK accounts so there should be no problems with different stores.

Had no luck searching for answers so far, i'm hoping someone has experienced this already.

thanks

2. djgulia macrumors 6502

Just buy her a gift card. Then she needs to go into iTunes on her iPhone, go to the music tab, scroll to the bottom and there is a redeem option. Then she should be able to buy whatever she wants using what is credited in her account.

3. liamwillib thread starter macrumors member

Gift card is an option I considered, was just hoping for a more elegant solution, eg, buy and the specific series and it will pop up on her phone. Thanks anyway

4. AppUniverse macrumors newbie

Another issue you might run into is that the 'Gift This' links says: "Gifts can only be redeemed in the store country from which they were originated." So hopefully both of your iTunes accounts are in the same country.