Received a "bent" iphone 6 plus today

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dry-fly, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Dry-fly macrumors newbie

First off, I'm posting this in hopes of getting some advice on how to move forward with Apple on this....frankly I have a head time believing what they are telling me.....So,

After waiting over a month, my 6 plus arrived from China this last Friday. I immediately opened it, set it up and started putting a screen protector on it.....that's when I noticed it. It's "bent". Where the volume buttons are, there is a distinct curve. I about crapped, I've read about bentgate, etc....but I thought that was people proving how flimsy the 6plus was by intentionally bending it. Mine CAME that way.

After sitting on the phone for a full hour with Apple, they made two offers. Wait a month for another 6plus or have a 6 sent to me in 3-5 days. Waiting another month is BS, they should have found one somewhere and overnighted it to me. As it is I decided to take the 6. I promptly sent an email to Tim Cook out of frustration......a long shot, I know. I have heard he actually reads customers email though.

So what do y'all suggest, did I do the right thing. I really wanted a 6plus, but there's no way I can go a month before a replacement arrives.
    Suggestions? BTW, I'd post a pic, but it's so slight it really doesn't show up. I tried.

2. mercuryjones macrumors 6502a

So, the bend is so slight, that the camera doesn't pick it up, but your eye can?
    Seriously, is this what we've come to now, thanks to "bendgate"?
    Apple stock is different from replacement stock. If you are so concerned about an imperceptible "bend", make a Genius appointment and take the phone to your nearest Apple store. However, now that you settled on an iPhone 6, you might be out of recourses.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

4. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Why couldn't you use your bent 6+ until the new 6+ arrives?? I would've used the 6+ that has a bend and wait for the replacement in the mail. I think you will regret taking the 6, and not waiting for 6+ replacement.

5. Femme macrumors regular

its about a $1000 phone, he's not just gonna settle for it. If hes paying that amount of money for it he has the right to complain about it and get a perfect product.

6. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

I'm not saying it's not the truth but I want to see these people who says their phones are bent. Everyone never uploads a picture since it's so slight to see. If you see it then a picture will pic it up as well. But thats a hard choice. I had to 6 and you don't want to settle for that.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

How is it always newbies with 1 post coming up with these wild threads?

8. tritron macrumors regular

Maybe factory workers have to wear new iphones 6+ in their pents before boxing.

9. juanrp macrumors 6502a

juanrp

Probably because they don't acknowledge the existence of 700 other threads on the same subject.

10. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

There's your problem.

Stop sitting on the phone.

;)

Sorry I had to. :D

11. saab9573 macrumors 6502

saab9573

12. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

Odds are they could have found a replacement and sent it to you in a couple of days but that takes a wee bit of effort. Something that seems to be in short supply at Apple lately.

What I would recommend is get something in writing from them that you can safely use the "bent" 6+ till your replacement comes in. Don't go with the 6.

13. oXoHELENoXo macrumors newbie

I'm also annoyed got my iPhone 6 today , set it up and as soon as I go to type my wifi password I hear this weird noise like a cracking/static from the loud speaker also can't make calls as that speaker Is making a weird noise, well it turns out the speakers are broke and I now have to wait 3-4 days for the Apple Store to get them in

14. farmkittie macrumors 6502

Post a demo of your problem on Youtube. Sounds like something people will want to hear to see what you mean. Because there are trolls (not saying you are) that will post bad stuff about Apple to discourage people from buying, I'm afraid proof is needed.

15. oXoHELENoXo macrumors newbie

hi I understand what your saying, ive posted a video heres the link http://youtu.be/xLnsu5jWYyY not sure it you will have to click it or copy and paste it . in the video you can also see the red line going from the clock icon to the bottom corner when I move the heart app

16. vannah7 macrumors newbie

17. deaglecat macrumors 6502

OP...

When you placed your order on the Applestore, did you remember to uncheck the "Pre-bend my iphone before delivery" option ?

.... thought not. :p:p:p