Received a totally defective second hand laptop from apple!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iseras, Nov 14, 2013.

1. iseras macrumors member

Just received my MacBook Pro retina from apple only to shockingly discover that not only does it not turn on, but the keyboard has clearly been used (fingerprints, faded keys), and there's a mark on the case. Called apple and they're promptly sending a new one, but it's quite shocking how this even happened. After years of using apple products, this is a first.

2. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Mistakes happen. They are honoring your exchange. I don't know what there is to be "shocked" about.

3. iseras thread starter macrumors member

Sure, and apple handled the situation perfectly. But I'm very surprised that I received what is clearly a second hand product that doesn't even work. If it were just defective, I'd understand. But fingerprints all over the keyboard? Smudge marks on the screen? Marks? Sorry but that's very surprising especially from apple. Wonder how something like that slipped through the cracks.

4. Celedral macrumors 6502

Celedral

I bought a brand new MBP a few years ago and only realizing that it wouldn't turn on after i brought it home. So the next day I took it to the apple store and was told that they will have to charge me a restocking fee. That's when I lost it and complained that they sold me a defective computer and now expects me to pay a fee for an exchange?

Anyways that newb employee eventually allowed the trade and good thing too cause I saved an extra $100 plus a new model was released that same day so WIN WIN.