Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Briview

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hello,

I usually post over in the iPhone category, especially due to the fourth generation's arrival, but my friend recently bought the current silver iPod Nano (video camera) and gave it to me as a gift. I honestly appreciate it and could use a mini player that's not as hefty as my iPod touch, but I know that the keynote on the iPod line is just a month or two away, and I'm thinking, should I sell this sealed product (probably not the best resell value, much under the $149 it costs to buy) or should I keep it and use it around? If I do sell it, I am genuinely thinking about getting the next Nano.

I know that no one here actually knows what the next Nano may bring (or if there may be one or not... or if the Nano line changes its name), but I was hoping to get some of your ideas and insight into this decision that I have. No biggie.

Thanks. I heavily appreciate the assistance. :)

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
If you want to keep it, keep it. If you don't, sell it. Nanos play music and video. There will be nothing magic about the next one.

Briview

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
If you want to keep it, keep it. If you don't, sell it. Nanos play music and video. There will be nothing magic about the next one.

Right on... ;)

BUT, then again... who would have though of the addition of a video camera to the Nano, in mid-to-late 2009? It's not a huge gain, but it's still a new and usable feature, right?

So that's what I'm thinking... what if I keep it and start using it and some crazy new feature gets added on to the next-gen? :rolleyes: Oh, not much... but I'll probably end up regretting it. :eek:

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
Right on... ;)

BUT, then again... who would have though of the addition of a video camera to the Nano, in mid-to-late 2009? It's not a huge gain, but it's still a new and usable feature, right?

So that's what I'm thinking... what if I keep it and start using it and some crazy new feature gets added on to the next-gen? :rolleyes: Oh, not much... but I'll probably end up regretting it. :eek:

It was free. Use it and enjoy it. If you really really want a new version when it comes out, then buy it.

mmulin

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2006
Hello,

I usually post over in the iPhone category, especially due to the fourth generation's arrival, but my friend recently bought the current silver iPod Nano (video camera) and gave it to me as a gift. I honestly appreciate it and could use a mini player that's not as hefty as my iPod touch, but I know that the keynote on the iPod line is just a month or two away, and I'm thinking, should I sell this sealed product (probably not the best resell value, much under the $149 it costs to buy) or should I keep it and use it around? If I do sell it, I am genuinely thinking about getting the next Nano.

I know that no one here actually knows what the next Nano may bring (or if there may be one or not... or if the Nano line changes its name), but I was hoping to get some of your ideas and insight into this decision that I have. No biggie.

Thanks. I heavily appreciate the assistance. :)

It is a present. No value in this these days? You already have an iPod touch for the fancy things. So, as said before, use it if you have use for it.. and buy your friend a beer or so at least.

Peterson8765

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Oregon
I suggest that you don't open it just yet, if you have already opened it, thats fine, but the retail value of it will just go down. Wait until about Mid to late August until you sell your Nano, you will probably get about $100-110 for an 8GB or $120-135 for a 16GB, I did this with my iPod Touch last year and I got about $175 which isn't too shabby, but I did sell it in June of last year.

Aero26

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
I'd keep it. Reselling gifts just doesn't sit right with me. If you have touch, your Nano will likely not see much action but I wouldn't bank on this next gen nano.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.