Received email on Tiger Seminar

Advance The Man

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2005
Clicked on it and it wasn't valid. But they just emailed me this a few minutes ago. Now if I will only receive Tiger today!

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
Advance The Man said:
Clicked on it and it wasn't valid. But they just emailed me this a few minutes ago. Now if I will only receive Tiger today!
My link does the same. I'd imagine they won't push it live until 6pm (when Tiger is 'unleashed').

DeadEye686

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2003
Austin
nesbitt_a said:
My link does the same. I'd imagine they won't push it live until 6pm (when Tiger is 'unleashed').
In my email, the link is actually to "http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/A". That doesn't seem at all right to me; I would assume that there would be some dynamically-generated key that would track the number of times I accessed the seminar. However, I could just be off and Apple randomly picked "A" as the address for the seminar and they will verify eligibility/accesses by requiring an Apple Store login.

deckmoney

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, I think it will verify our identity with our Apple Store account.

Edit: I obviously can't handle subtracting 3 hours from my current time (EST). Thanks for the correction. It's currently 8:19 here so the seminar should start in ~11 minutes.

Pipian

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2003
deckmoney said:
I have Tiger/got the link too. The weird thing is that it says starting at 5:30 am PST I can access the seminar. It's 6:30 am PST right now and I still get an error when clicking the link.

Yes, I think it will verify our identity with our Apple Store account.
No, it's 5:15 PST.

Remember, PST is 3 hours behind EST

Advance The Man

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2005
I actually read the email this time and it states you must have Tiger loaded before doing the seminar. So this Windows 2000 cpt at work won't do me any good. Doesn't appear my Tiger order will arrive today. Seems like Apple is conducting LIFO for delivering Tiger. That sux.

deckmoney

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2003
I brought my iBook to work today...I'm curious to see if I actually learn anything from this seminar.

tvguru

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Kenora, ON Canada
Well I phoned apple as per: I didn’t get the email with the link, or if I did receive it, I can’t find it—what do I do?
If you didn’t receive an email with your personal web link to the seminar, please call 1-800-676-2775. Help is available from 5 am – 8 pm (PDT) Monday – Friday, and 7 am – 4 pm Saturday and Sunday.

and they reisued the website to me it is not the privious:
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/A

J-Squire

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2003
Australia
tvguru said:
Well I phoned apple as per: I didn’t get the email with the link, or if I did receive it, I can’t find it—what do I do?
If you didn’t receive an email with your personal web link to the seminar, please call 1-800-676-2775. Help is available from 5 am – 8 pm (PDT) Monday – Friday, and 7 am – 4 pm Saturday and Sunday.

So what is it!?? Is that what it's not? Tell us what it is! I can't access it either - application not found on this server. I want to watch. Please. My girlfriend is here and my credibility is on the line.
She thinks I'm a fool

alirio

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2003
Montreal
J-Squire said:
So what is it!?? Is that what it's not? Tell us what it is! I can't access it either - application not found on this server. I want to watch. Please. My girlfriend is here and my credibility is on the line.
She thinks I'm a fool
I would dump her... :rolleyes:

J-Squire

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2003
Australia
CubaTBird said:
u need tiger to watch it i think...
I have tger, and it is still not working.

I am weighing up whether to keep trying, or head to the hospital where my sister is giving birth. It is a tough call. Maybe they have a wireless network there. haha

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
J-Squire said:
I have tger, and it is still not working.

I am weighing up whether to keep trying, or head to the hospital where my sister is giving birth. It is a tough call. Maybe they have a wireless network there. haha
well.. its prolly gonna go out live round' 6 so yeah.. to tie in with the actual release.

J-Squire

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2003
Australia
CubaTBird said:
well.. its prolly gonna go out live round' 6 so yeah.. to tie in with the actual release.
ummm....The exact email says it will be available at 5:30am PST, which was almost 2 hours ago. This sucks. I guess I may as well go and celebrate this birth thing.

CubaTBird

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2004
J-Squire said:
ummm....The exact email says it will be available at 5:30am PST, which was almost 2 hours ago. This sucks. I guess I may as well go and celebrate this birth thing.

u have until june 1st to see it.. so yeah...

Dwarf84396

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2005
tvguru said:

tvguru,

How did you go through the phone menu? There is no obvious way to make it through the choices to get to the link.