Received Free iBook G4

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AlphaDogg, May 21, 2010.

1. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I received a free 14" 1.33GHz iBook G4 :) with pretty low specs, as it is from about 5 years ago. I got it from my old 8th grade teacher (I am now in 10th grade). She gave it to me in very bad condition. It has water damage, but it still works with somewhat frequent kernel panics (5 kp's per 8hrs of usage). It has the original battery with 47% of its original capacity (according to coconut battery), and its original 60gb hard drive. The hard drive is very noisy and is about to die. It is running 10.4.11, with 1.25gb's of ram. I replaced the plastic panel behind the lcd (with the apple logo), so the machine looks aesthetically pleasing. I replaced the keyboard with a brand new OEM one, because the original one was water damaged. It has MS office 2004 on it. If I were to sell this machine, how much do you think I could get for it?

Edit: My mom uses this as her primary computer, and it is her first Mac. She loves it. She uses it approx. 3-6hrs/day.

2. Cool Runnings macrumors regular

If it's frequents KP's then i would sell it as parts.

But if your mom use it, why sell? Let her have it?

Check if the KP's are caused by bad memory....

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Why don't you just let your Mum use it? Even if you did sell it you wouldn't get more than a few 100 dollars.