Received iPhone - No Charge to Credit Card

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EstrlM3, Jun 23, 2010.

1. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502

so i received my iphone in the mail but still have not been charged for it, is this unusual or will the charge come out later?

there isn't even a hold on the account...

2. EstrlM3 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Looks like you got a free phone!

I would go out tonight and purchase massive amounts of alcohol and lap dances from midget strippers

4. EstrlM3 thread starter macrumors 6502

haha no seriously, no charge and no hold. what gives?

anyone else experience this or have you been charged? i ordered on 6-15

5. tritonj macrumors 6502a

don't worry you're on the hook for hte next 2 years, i'm sure if you don't get charged on your card, they'll get around to putting it on a bill

6. daitalianjob macrumors regular

if u ordered from apple, run out and close ur checking account! free money lol

7. drewc1138 macrumors 6502

Can't tell if you're joking or not, but that's a BIG negative. It's considered a preauthorized transaction...which means that it can reopen the account at any time. Even if it is a debit card tied to your checking account, and you close everything you have with the bank, when that charge does come back through, it will reopen your account.

I work at a bank, so I've dealt with this kind of stuff several times. Had a guy have his account reopened after 8 months because of a cell phone payment he made that got lost and then found.

8. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

LOL...pre-ordered my iphone on 6-15...they charged my card for 2 iphones on 6-18, but later fixed it so that i was only charged for 1 by the next morning...now today the money is back on the card, yet i'm tracking my phone, which is on its way...

9. mikeliterus macrumors newbie

Got mine today too and still no charge to my CC.
    They did have a hold on it a few days ago but it went away.
    Phone is up and working! I'm sure they will get around to charging us though.

10. BraydenJames macrumors member

Oh hm, I just posted a thread about this same thing. Guess I should have read around a bit first. :eek: My phone is on it's way via Fedex and I've yet to have pre-authorization, hold, or anything at all show up on my account! Lots of free iPhones?! :D haha jk. I don't doubt AT&T will perk up when it comes to $$$...

11. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Preauthorizations drop after a certain number of days and will show up when AT&T/Apple decides when to take the money.

12. pab277 macrumors regular

This happened to me with an old phone i bought online two years ago (the samsung impression), at&t initially charged my account $200, but then a day later the money was put back and the charge disappeared. I contacted at&t and they said the payment was received, I then contacted the bank and they said it was all on at&t. The charge never re-appeared and I ended up with a free phone.

13. smokescreen220 macrumors regular

smokescreen220

Gratz....i had an identity theft situation 2 yrs ago...somehow someone near me got ahold of my credit card number and made a $300 purchase on HSN...while i was in the process of dealing with the first charge with my bank, a second charge of $500 showed up on my credit card for HSN again, from the same person...after filing claims on both (and i still had my card, only thing i can figure is they got the number from a carbon charge from a restaurant or something) 2 weeks later i was refunded the money twice...I contacted my bank and HSN, 2 weeks later nothing changed, so i withdrew the money and closed the account (was going to leave that bank anyway) lol...

14. daitalianjob macrumors regular

just a joke :)