Received MacBook after being repaired, all my files have a duplicate, no disk space!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by BA88, Nov 11, 2009.

1. BA88 macrumors newbie

Hey,

So I have just received my Mackbook back from an Apple store as I tried to install windows via Boot camp assistant. Turns out all my files are still intact however now, all my files have a copy of themselves. For example if I look into my music folder, take the band Radiohead for instance, all of there songs have a copy i.e. 01- Everything in its right place - 01.flac and in the same folder aslso contains 01 - Evrything in its right place.

As you can imagine having everything duplicated has taxed my disk space to the point where I have less than 2GB left and can't update the software for apple.

My question is what would be the easiest way to deal with this and delete the additional copies of everything? I was hoping they would be a better way than going through everything!
    Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. chill. macrumors 6502

just googling "duplicate finder mac" brings up some programs you might want to try, but i would take what's important and reinstall from scratch

3. BA88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah maaan, its gonna take ages, but oh well, at least my files are intact.

The problem is the 'duplicates' of files are not neccasirly duplicates as if you read above the duplicate it has the added suffix '01.flac' so a duplicate finder wont find them!

Thanks.