Received my iPhone 4 and

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigRedOne, Jul 9, 2010.

1. BigRedOne macrumors regular

I am happy to say it works great. No yellow, drop calls or regrets, it is a great phone and the screen is wonderful. I have used my iPhone 4 at home and in 4 parts of San Diego, no issues. At home my 3GS would sometimes get a weak signal and it would become intermittent while having a conversation. It would happen rarely but it did happen, so far, it has not happened on my iPhone 4. I enjoyed my 3GS a lot and the iPhone 4 is better by far. Now to buy some apps, oh boy....

I just thought the forum could use some good news about the iPhone 4 for a change. Not really important, but what the heck, have a nice day!

2. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

That is awesome. It was pretty funny for me when just yesterday I was at work and a co-worker had her 3G out. She was in searching mode looking for a signal while I had 3 to 4 bars.

iPhone 4's signal IS better than previous iPhones.

3. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Didn't Apple admit that they were falsely giving the iPhone 4 more bars than what it should have?

4. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I can do the death grip trick but it hasn't caused me to drop calls.

I've also noticed that my phone never switches to Edge. It's 3G or nothing... I haven't seen the "E" in the whole time I've owned the 4. :confused:

5. BigRedOne thread starter macrumors regular

Come to think of it, I have not noticed anything but 3G on my iPhone 4 as well. I will monitor usage for a week or so and see it I receive a different signal source.

6. CSpackler macrumors regular

CSpackler

I consistently get 3G speeds with one bar. It drops to Edge sometimes, but not often. The reception is very good, no doubt.

7. jason221 macrumors 6502

I thought that was on all the iPhones, not just the iPhone 4.

8. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

You obviously haven't visited my state :eek: Still waiting on 3G since . . . well the 3G.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

No, they said it was the last 3 iPhones.

Comparing an i4 to a 3G is still valid. They both have the same amount of inflation.

10. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

Good to hear. It's by far the greatest piece of technology I have ever bought. I used to say that about my 3GS, which is the 2nd best phone out right now.

11. BigRedOne thread starter macrumors regular

My 3GS 32g was my 1st exposure to iPhone and the 3GS was the cat's mow for me. I said nothing can be better then this, but I was wrong. This iPhone 4 awesome and it't picture quality cannot be beat.