Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
I came from the iPad Pro. Returned it and got me this. I love it. This won't be my main computer as I have the 27 inch iMac and the 15 inch Mbp. I can see myself traveling with this.

Attachments

• IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 753

polee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Takes some getting used to - the keyboard. However, after a while it has turned out to become one of my favourite. Not mushy just right. And the slightly larger size also reduces my typing errors.

Bioshock.Rocks

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2016
I came from the iPad Pro. Returned it and got me this. I love it. This won't be my main computer as I have the 27 inch iMac and the 15 inch Mbp. I can see myself traveling with this.
Very nice! Same one I have. I have a 15" Macbook Pro too and this rMB has completely replaced it haha

It's sitting on my shelf and is up on eBay now ;D

I suggest you get a case on it too. I have an Incipio feather ultra thin snap on case in frost color and it doesn't cover the gold color as much :)

Reactions: MacGurl111

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
Very nice! Same one I have. I have a 15" Macbook Pro too and this rMB has completely replaced it haha

It's sitting on my shelf and is up on eBay now ;D

I suggest you get a case on it too. I have an Incipio feather ultra thin snap on case in frost color and it doesn't cover the gold color as much :)
Thank you for suggesting this. Going to check it out!

DSTOFEL

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
I just ordered one for my wife in Gold. I took advantage of the $999 price at B&H over the weekend. A great deal IMO. I think she's gonna love it!

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Love mine! And actually use it as my main machine, hooked up to a 32" QHD monitor. The most intensive process I put it through is 1080p/60fps video editing in Final Cut and it handles it like a pro shockingly.

sinophilia

macrumors regular
May 7, 2008
Italy
My wife just got one in silver, it's simply gorgeous! She sold her 2010 Macbook Air 11" and got one online for €200 less than regular price. What an upgrade! I might very well pick this one up instead of my MBP 13" if I need to work out of the office, it feels just as powerful and runs my Win7 VM beautifully.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Big congratulations with your new wonder. I have the Space Grey and this might be the best laptop I've had so far - And I've had quite a lot of them... It's plenty fast, battery is awesome when doing office stuff and the screen is just amazing.

I had one day getting used to the keyboard, and now it's my all time favorite because of the big keys and low travel, although ensuring feeling of a press. My 15 inch MBP just feels like it has small tall keys now :)

Love it, and uses it 8-9 hours daily on my office and during the evening as well - in all ways just great laptop

Reactions: MacGurl111 and MLVC

webworks415

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2008
I bought the same exact one last weekend and love it! I am using it for school work. I am getting used to the keyboard. I bought a clear hard case on Amazon so the gold sexiness shows, as well as some adapters in case I need to connect USB accessories. Here are the links if you are interested.

Hard shell protective case

USB 3.0 adapters

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Bought gold model Apple Specials $1099 and my guess is they are clearing out stock - pristine as can be cant imagine not being new condition. A real delight!

Now going crazy waiting on OWC docking station, switching to small bus powered 2.5" drives. I did fork over for HDMI adapter so able to use desktop monitor. Strongly recommend Logictech MX2 after living with Apple's latest which is nice but... No need for the ethernet adapter as it handles wifi just fine, too. BT spwakers, mouse, Apple keyboard.

I do wish there was a 2nd USB-C though for hubs or times when need some expansion.

MacGurl111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2010
Seattle
So glad everyone is liking it as well. It's been more than half a month and I still love it. I traveled with it the other day and it was so light that my big girl bag didn't dig in to my shoulder.

Reactions: xDKP and Jayderek
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.