Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
Hey All,

Just a little update to let you know that I received my new 2010 27" i5 iMac.

I live in South Korea and ordered the iMac over the phone to the Seoul Apple Store. I got the standard i5 but Increased to 8GB Ram. The iMac was shipped from China and I received it yesterday.

Due to all the issues I have read about on the forums, I have been unsure whether to buy an iMac for almost 5 months. This is the first iMac that I have bought and only the second ever computer. I had also saved for a number of months to ensure I could get the model I wanted so parting with a lot of money and not being happy with the iMac was my main concern.

I opened it up last night and have started to set it up and transfer over all my files which will take me a few days as I could only spend a few hours at night after work.

Anyway, mainly I am writing this post to tell you that I have an almost perfect iMac, one which I am really happy with.

1) I have no noisy hard drive.

2) I have no humming when I change the brightness.

3) I have no dead pixels.

4) I have no yellow tint whatsoever.

I did extensive testing on the screen checking for dead pixels and yellow tint and while I was doing that, I did notice some back light bleed in the bottom right corner of the screen. This is very very minimal and can only really be noticed in a pitch black room and when you have a full pitch black screen. This will not affect me at all.

I am over the moon. What a relief as I was concerned what I could end up with. Now I can't wait to get this beast fully loaded so I can start playing with her. I've upgraded from a 6 year old PC :D

For those of you who are concerned, let it be known, there are good iMacs out there.

I guess I can change my sig now :)

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Yes there are good iMacs out there, IMHO most of problems you read on these forums represent a very small minority however it's just our nature to be concerned when we read about them. Most users that have perfectly fine machines have no reason to make any comments. It's kind of like the news, we only see bad news and rarely see good news in newspapers whether they're hard copy or online....why because it's human nature to be drawn to it.

At any rate enjoy your new machine, I'm sure you will get many years of use from it.

MacLeg

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
I 2nd the above post

yes indeed, thanks for posting something positive. I'm sure you were nervous, given all the recent bad news. However, given the number of iMacs being sold every minute, those negative posts have to be in a minuscule percentile.

KyleKlink

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2009
Santa Maria, Ca
yes indeed, thanks for posting something positive. I'm sure you were nervous, given all the recent bad news. However, given the number of iMacs being sold every minute, those negative posts have to be in a minuscule percentile.

Great point. when you compare the number of people complaining on here about the dreaded yellow tint with the number of iMacs sold each day you'll find that the vast majority of customers are receiving perfectly fine units. On a forum such as this we should expect to see more negative threads than positive ones, as people come here to post issues they are having. Threads about perfectly fine machines are rare.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.