iPad Received my Vaja Nuova Pelle case today

JonMPLS

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2010
MN
Wow, that is pretty! Did you get the one with the magnets? What color brown did you order? Does it fold back for one-handed reading? Sorry for all the questions, but very interested in this one myself!

Smithwicks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
First impressions...

- Adds little weight/bulk
- I can't believe how nice the leather feels. Better than what I remember from vaja.
- fits perfectly
- when they say 30 day wait they definitely mean 30 day wait. Actually it took even longer than the 30 business days they quoted. Buy in the end it was worth.
- At $200 it is definitely a luxury item but well worth it!

----------

Wow, that is pretty! Did you get the one with the magnets? What color brown did you order. TIA

Yes I did get the magnetic version. Works as expected. Magnets are quite strong which pleased me.

This is the London bridge color.

bluespark

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Needs a bit more coverage on the ipad for $200.
Why? More money should equal more protection? Personally, I've been looking for a case that doesn't disguise the iPad's own design, especially the machined bevel around the outside edge. This case seems to do that perfectly. That said, I have owned a few Vaja cases in the past and found their customer service to be beyond awful. That -- not the quality, which is the best I've seen -- is what usually prompts me to look elsewhere these days.

For the OP, beautiful case -- congrats. Someone else asked you about whether it folds back for one-handed reading and that's my question as well.

j.benj

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2012
Looks gorgeous! I've wanted the iPhone 5 version of the Pelle for a while, but like this cover, I think it's priced beyond what i'd be willing to spend on a case, unfortunately.

GerritV

macrumors 65816
May 11, 2012
Congratulations, great choice!
So far, I had 3 or 4 Vaya cases myself - they're the best money can buy IMHO.

Smithwicks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Why? More money should equal more protection? Personally, I've been looking for a case that doesn't disguise the iPad's own design, especially the machined bevel around the outside edge. This case seems to do that perfectly. That said, I have owned a few Vaja cases in the past and found their customer service to be beyond awful. That -- not the quality, which is the best I've seen -- is what usually prompts me to look elsewhere these days.

For the OP, beautiful case -- congrats. Someone else asked you about whether it folds back for one-handed reading and that's my question as well.

Thanks. Here's a couple pics with it folded back:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390075936.080444.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390075944.176312.jpg

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Very nice case indeed, $200? and here I'm having a hard time justifing the leather apple case....

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Everyone goes through the VAJA case phase where they have to have the beautiful leather case.

But over time most realize that their cases are heavy, and rather impractical for the price charged.

The case above actually sticks to the back of the iPad. Great…but what happens when I want to use my iPad without the case?

Smithwicks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Everyone goes through the VAJA case phase where they have to have the beautiful leather case.

But over time most realize that their cases are heavy, and rather impractical for the price charged.

The case above actually sticks to the back of the iPad. Great…but what happens when I want to use my iPad without the case?
I take mine off of the case all the time without any issues. The adhesive pad works very well and haven't had any issues with sticking it back on.

maczack

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2008
Nice Case!

Hey smithwicks, awesome case! I've been thinking about getting the same one for my ipad air but can't decide on a color. I keep going back and forth between their bridge orange, london, caramello, and tabaco colors. I really like the color of your case, but it seems a lot darker than other London bridge cases that I have seen online, and on the vaja website. It may be just the lighting though... Could you possible post a few more pictures of the case in better lighting/natural daylight. I would be very appreciative! I would also welcome your opinions on the other color options. Thank you in advance!

Zack

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
This is the London bridge color.
Looks darker than what I remember on their site.

Needs a bit more coverage on the ipad for $200.
Price is just price. If you need more coverage then buy a case with more coverage. Cases aren't sold by the inch.

I'm sorry did you say $200?
Consider the source. Vaja's not the brand to buy if you're looking for a case on the cheap. There are plenty of options in other budget ranges.

Citation? I'm sure some do and some don't. I don't always use Vaja but I've never had problems with weight, practicality or price. If price was an issue I wouldn't have ordered from them in the first place.

Last edited:

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Looks darker than what I remember on their site.

Price is just price. If you need more coverage then buy a case with more coverage. Cases aren't sold by the inch.

Consider the source. Vaja's not the brand to buy if you're looking for a case on the cheap. There are plenty of options in other budget ranges.

Citation? I'm sure some do and some don't. I don't always use Vaja but I've never had problems with weight, practicality or price. If price was an issue I wouldn't have ordered from them in the first place.

When I bought this case it cost me $10 shipped.

You paid $190+ more for the leather. Follow the link and you will see why my case is more practical. Oh, and it weighs less that 4 oz.

Now, the Vaja leather is nice…but $190 nice?

Smithwicks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Hey smithwicks, awesome case! I've been thinking about getting the same one for my ipad air but can't decide on a color. I keep going back and forth between their bridge orange, london, caramello, and tabaco colors. I really like the color of your case, but it seems a lot darker than other London bridge cases that I have seen online, and on the vaja website. It may be just the lighting though... Could you possible post a few more pictures of the case in better lighting/natural daylight. I would be very appreciative! I would also welcome your opinions on the other color options. Thank you in advance!

Zack

Here's another pic in more neutral lighting

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390665113.901505.jpg