Received Replacement iPhone 4 from Apple for Antenna Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FFArchitect, Jun 28, 2010.

1. FFArchitect macrumors regular

FFArchitect

Some additional information to help with the understanding of the issue:

We just received our first iPhone 4 replacement from Apple (see http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=949231) and the same symptoms of dropping signal when touching the lower left black band exist on the replacement.

After getting a feel for how widespread the issue is, the most we were really hoping for was a chance to see that this might have been an issue only with a batch of iPhones (which it still may be, this can't confirm that). If the issue was corrected in the replacement at the same location, then that would have confirmed that it was an issue with certain iPhones but not others.

Our collective intuition is still that it is an issue with the hardware design and a number of other factors either exacerbate or prevent the symptom (or the degree of symptom from occurring), such as proximity to the nearest tower/strength of the signals from towers.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I got a replacement as well, actually two, but I'm stopping at testing the first. They all do it, but I believe Apple is capable of fixing this issue.

3. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

Theres no way in hell Apple has over 1 million replacement phones.

4. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Who is we and why is this written like you are a company?

5. FFArchitect thread starter macrumors regular

FFArchitect

We are and we're looking at it together.

6. falconeight Guest

falconeight

7. Aeroflux macrumors member

I have that issue with reception as well, but its better than the first iphone I had; no installed OS (literally blank) and the home button didnt work. Fortunately the Apple store replaced it on the spot. How many replacements they have I wouldnt know, but they are prepared to some point.

8. Abarth1200 macrumors regular

9. iPhone85 macrumors newbie

Please reply

Hello Aeroflux:

My new iPhone 4's home button has stopped working. Do they just replace them with a new one on the spot just for that? I know they could fix it but I would much rather get a new one since this one has already stopped working (home button)

Thanks

10. anja98 macrumors newbie

11. Riemann Zeta macrumors 6502a

My thoughts exactly--who is we? Is this some sort of collective intelligence? We are borg, we have analyzed your telephone machines and determined them to be inferior to our own, resistance is futile.

12. melterx12 macrumors 6502a

they NEVER fix your phone, they give you a replacement. and yes broken home button is definitly a reason for replacement.