Received replacement Targus Slim Case (magnet issue) and...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RedlegsFan, Apr 2, 2012.

1. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

it STILL does not work as promised. This replacement was supposed to allow the iPad to sleep/wake. Well, it doesn't. It only works if I position the flap a certain way... and when I do that, the flap is not straight, as it should be. So, I guess I have to contact them again to get another one.... uhg.

Anyone else having issues with their replacement Slim Case? Targus stated the replacements would work... not the case. At least for me.

2. Thrilledge macrumors regular

Got my replacement today and it works perfectly now

3. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I received my replacement today as well an it works better than the original I bought, but not perfect. It needs another method of securing the lid closed to the iPad. The magnets themselves work great, but without a better way of securing the lid slides causing the magnets to not be as effective.

4. jamesschmidtke macrumors regular

totally, i switched the versavu because of this

5. AceCoolie macrumors regular

6. maniacphoner macrumors regular

Wow! Everyone on this thread have received replacements for this Targus Slim Case; :confused:

7. Phish311 macrumors regular

I got my replacement yesterday. Magnet still doesn't work

8. AceCoolie macrumors regular

Yeah, I had mine in 6 days. Bummer though that some people are getting ones that still don't work. If you get one that does, it's a very nice case.

9. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

I called them today and are sending me a shipping label so I can send the replacement back and then they will send me a new one that supposedly they're going to test before they send it back to me. So, hopefully the next one will work.

10. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

I got the replacement for the Slim Case and it works great. The magnets are secure and the case locks and unlock correctly.

I was also waiting for a replacement for a VersaView. Has anyone gotten a replacement for that case yet?

11. mcsenerd macrumors regular

I must have gotten lucky or something. I grabbed mine at BB the day of launch and I've had nary a problem one. No issues wit the magnet, staying closed, or anything. I love this case. To me it's just the right balance between protection and size/weight. If I had any complaint about it it would be that the method used for the typing position is absolutely useless...but that's really my only quibble.