Received the updated Griffin Reveal

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mike84, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

So, today I received the updated Griffin reveal and they made the opening bigger on it for the lens, but unfortunately it still has the issue.

2. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Is it just the regular reveal with the clear back or the etch?

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I just bought one of these at Best Buy (old style with the flash problem) and I hate it. The black part is way too flimsy and the case doesn't fit right anyway with my SGP Ultra Oleophobic on the front and BodyGuardz on the back. No way I'm taking either of those off either so this thing is going back tomorrow. Still looking for a case since Ivyskin can't get their ***** together with the Reception case.

4. troop231 macrumors 603

I have the newer updated Reveal, with the SGP Ultra Oleophobic on the front, and nothing on the back, and have no issues.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Must be the back protector then. I'm not taking it off though because I'm sure the back will get scratched if I do.

6. Mike84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It is the regular reveal with the clear back.

7. Mike84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would do the same thing. I am waiting for iSkin since I think they produce some of the best cases out there.

What do you mean by SGP? I just got the updated version sent to me by Griffin themselves. I complained to them about the design and they told me they would send me a newer one.

8. troop231 macrumors 603

It's a screen protector company.. completely different product used with this case. http://www.sgpstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_28_89/products_id/1451

9. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

???

I got the updated version but heres a list of what has gotten better and not on my new case.

Pros:
    1. less flimsy sides
    2. Bigger camera cut out
    3. no flash problem
    4. bigger mic cut out for the second mic
    5. fits the case better
    6. feels WAY better in hands

Cons:
    1 and only one: the back still easily scratches
    :rolleyes:;):D

10. cobra5mil macrumors member

They also changed the sleep/wake button to stick out a bit and is much firmer. I think it is a bit more responsive.

11. number9 macrumors 6502

Well, I got my replacement Reveal shipment today and... they sent me one of the original ones! :rolleyes: I emailed them again and asked them to send a new one. I wonder if I'll have to send the new old one back, or if they'll just let me keep it since they won't sell it anyway?

New on is on the left, old on on the right. Actually, now that I look at it, it has the bigger power/lock button, the bigger opening to the 2nd mic, and an imprinted Griffin logo instead of an embossed one, but for some reason doesn't have the bigger camera opening. :p

Attached Files:

12. sinsin07 macrumors 68040

Stay Away From Griffin Reveal

As I mentioned in another thread, nice design, poor execution. The sides of the Reveal are flimsy, does not form a tight fight. Any and everything will slide right on in there. When you periodically remove the case, you will see that "Reveal" has a nefarious meaning.:mad:

13. Atenza6 macrumors member

Got it

I just got my updated reveal and it looks ********* sweet with the phantomskinz
    matte back skin. No watermarks at all!

14. number9 macrumors 6502

The same can be said about nearly every iPhone case that is clear, especially against the black iPhones. I've generally found mine to fit well, and the new one seems to have more rigid rubber sides that fit more snugly. The actual plast for the sides seems to be slightly different, more similar to the TPU used on a Speck Pixelskin or a similar case. It's not perfect, but even in the early original forms, it's really not a bad case.