Received warning on iPad

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ftlum, Sep 19, 2015.

1. ftlum macrumors regular

I got a couple odd popups on while I was using a browser on my iPad today.

I think it said something like "your apple id and phone number are being used on an apple watch" (it was an FYI popup, not a phishing scheme). The problem is I no longer have a watch-- I returned it to Apple after erasing the data, though I didn't remove the association by going into my Apple ID page. (I do recall seeing it briefly in my associated devices after I returned the watch to Apple.)

So after I got this popup, I went into my Apple ID and my iCloud account, find my iphone, Facetime and iMessage accounts. There was nothing new, and no watches present. I also never got an email sent that my Apple ID, etc, were being used by a watch-- it was just a popup on my iPad. This all happened while I was trying to get my current iPhone ready for sale-- I made some mistakes and had to erase the phone a couple times, so I'm pretty sure it's something I did, but I just don't recall clicking on anything related to a watch (there was no trace of my old watch was gone even before this popup).

Are there any other settings pages I should look at to try to find this mysterious watch?
    Should it be associated with the Apple ID if it's going to be anywhere?

thanks in advance!

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Try changing your Apple ID password, as that disassociates all connected devices.

3. teeshot44 macrumors member

teeshot44

Absolutely correct advice. I ended up going to Apple Support 2nd level with a referral to Engineering and that's what they said to do. That apparently is the only way to disassociate the watch.