Received Wrong MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Marti23, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Marti23 macrumors member

I asked for glossy display and received matte.

Will apple exchange my laptop when i go back to the store tomorrow. I asked the employee 2 times if it was glossy and he said yeah dont worry. Well now i opened it and have the wrong one. Hes going to cost me my time of going back there.

So will i have problems when i go in tomorrow?

2. a4abt macrumors regular

No you won't!!

When I bought my MBP in December, I asked for a glossy and the Apple Store guy gave me a matte. I went back and got a glossy, no question asked!

3. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Yea you shouldn't have any problems. Try to look for the person who sold it to because they might remember selling the laptop to you. It might make it a lot easier to exchange. If that person is not there then just find any employee and explain the situation. Be polite about it and i'm sure they will be able do the exchange.

If all else fails, just raise hell!! (hehe j/k)

-JoE

4. Marti23 thread starter macrumors member

should i re-install osx because of the 3 songs and web surfing i did before returning it?

5. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

6. akadmon macrumors 68020

I assume you got it at your local Apple store? You should always insist on checking the computer out (as in taking it out of the box, turning it on) to make sure all the basic stuff works to your satisfaction. At the very least this will save you another trip to the mall two hours later :)

7. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

I would.. They might raise the argument that If it was the wrong screen type, why did you continue to use it... bla bla bla

I would reinstall, repackage, and be polite but firm with your request.

8. skiffx macrumors 6502a

Guess you arent as lucky as the other guy who posted earlier who received a mid range 2.5 instead of low end 2.4 model (also a courtesy of some local store) :D

9. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

I second that. :cool:

10. cobbe1 macrumors member

cobbe1

:mad: yeah, that lucky bastard.

BTW did you check if the spec (other than the matt screen) is indeed the one you want? you might have getting an upgrade but with the wrong screen, might worth to keep it.

Do a complete restore before you take it back. You should be ok.