Received wrong model iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by varnjeremy, Jul 31, 2010.

1. varnjeremy macrumors newbie

Well on Friday Fed Ex dropped off my new 27" Quad Core i5 iMac that were just released on Tuesday. So I thought. I checked out the label on the box and said it was the 2.66 GHz iMac which is the previous generation. I turned the mac on to confirm the previous generation. I proceeded to call Apple Tech support and they have issued a Return Material Authorization and will ship out the correct model on Monday. First time ive ever had any issues with incorrect models being shipped. Anyone else receiving the incorrect 27" iMac?

One question I do have is does Apple change all the model numbers for each refresh? The reason I ask is on my Apple order the model number matched the label on the box (label referred to the 2.66 model) but my order has 2.8 listed.

2. LAPTOPODO macrumors member

Would had been wonderful if you pay for i5 and get i7 :D

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sounds to me like they did not make a mistake and were just trying to get rid of old stock!

4. bartelby macrumors Core

Yes, because that would work...
    :rolleyes:

5. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Apple is selling out old stock thru the refurb store, and refurbs are pretty popular, so I don't really think they have any problems with old stock.

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...hopefully they will make the "mistake" right for you as well...

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Facepalm.

Sounds like a picking error in the warehouse.