Receiving a 4/24 Apple Watch? Who do YOU trust to play with it?! ;)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by biosci, Apr 15, 2015.

1. biosci macrumors 6502a

Simple as the subject reads. You're one of the first people to get the new Apple Watch! Congratulations! But as an early adopter, when you go into work or a get together that first weekend, everyone is oooing and ahhhing at your new toy. So, do you let them play with the AW or go as far as to let them try it on? Or, do you just shrug it off and say, "yeah, it's cool!" And maybe rattle off some uses you've found for it hoping do divert their attention away from asking to try it on... (Because you know they'll want to!)

I know as the first person to always get a new iPhone, everyone want to "check it out" and get their grubby paws on the new device!

So, how far do YOU go?

2. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

As long as I'm relatively in control and the person isn't overzealous, I'll be happy to share the experience with family, friends, and coworkers. I love showing people cool new technology and helping them understand how it might be beneficial in their lives.

Some random person on the street? It is staying on my wrist and I'm probably moving along fairly quickly.

3. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

I always hated lending people my phone, because I obviously get a bunch of notifications on the thing, and I don't want them reading personal messages.

I also hate when I take pictures of some event, and people want to look through all of the photos I just took, because they have no business looking at my other personal photos which are in the same timeline.

4. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

I'll let my friends try it on but not my acquaintances.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Family and close friends. Not letting random people even touch my watch.

6. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

It won't leave my wrist even for friends. Random people can look but not touch.

7. cbird007 macrumors regular

cbird007

Me, Myself & I....and maybe my wife

I'll tell people the features and benefits. Not to be stingy or mean spirited but I'll also point out that they can experience it for themselves at their local Apple store. This is a watch not a new iPhone.

8. biosci thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha totally agree with most of what's been said! I think it'll stay on my wrist too for the most part. What you guys said about the notifications and photos too... That's why I want it for myself and not everyone else. They can go to the Apple Store....

9. danielceleste macrumors regular

I can think of maybe one or two people I'd let try it on. And they'd have to ASK. And I'd have to be in a good mood. :D

I can't see people asking to try it on though like they'd ask to hold your iPhone 6. How many times has someone said you you "Whoa I like your shirt/pants, can I try it on?!"

10. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

It will pretty much stay on my wrist, even if other people want to check it out. As far as actually trying it on - that will be limited to some very close friends and family if they happen to ask (there are probably 6 people on that list).

11. whatos macrumors 6502a

Given how hard they are to obtain until the honeymoon period is over, it's awfully risky to have anyone else handle it, potentially letting it fall to the ground and break.

No matter how careful, that's why their called accidents. Being small and more easily dropped than a smartphone, I agree with those who will talk about it and leave it on their wrist.

12. nasa25 macrumors 65816

I'd let whoever wants to try it on try it on

Not like they're asking to drive my car or something.

13. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

my husband. no one else. well... maybe my cat....

no.... just my husband... maybe.....

ok... NO ONE!

14. Dusty1216 macrumors 6502

first lets hope that its not 5/8 for a lot of us and 4/24 for a few lets hope its reversed lol, but i feel like i will want to show it off hahaha im an ******* i guess:apple::p

15. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

If I actually get it the 24th, I'm off to a retreat at my law firm the next weekend where over 600 lawyers will be socializing. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my arm prodded a lot.

16. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I'll most likely just show them my wrist and show off a few features just to give them an idea. If it's a friend I'll offer them to try it on. I'm happy to answer anyones questions and give my opinion to people before they sink their hard earned money.

17. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

That seems a bit personal no?....oh the watch gotcha...no one...absolutely no one

18. ruralbeats macrumors newbie

I'm gonna be so protective of it, I'm not even touching it or handling it.

19. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

My wife and family. Won't be taking it off to show friends or colleagues.

20. Exile714 macrumors 6502a

My three-year old daughter and literally no one else. I've got that kid so trained... No sticky fingers, no dropping, no messing with my app configurations, and best of all she won't read my emails or texts because she can't read!

But adults? People who think they know what they're doing? Nope, nope, nope.

21. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Considering how much grief my co workers give me for being an Apple fan? NONE of them will ever wear it. :mad::mad:

22. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Some closer friends and my family. I can here the "But you let him try it on!!!" questions already.

23. MasterRyu2011 macrumors 65816

Don't think many adults I come across will want to play with it, especially my coworkers. They don't gawk at technology. They may want me to demonstrate some of its features, but I doubt they will ask to wear it. My 3 year old nieces, on the other hand, would be very interested, but they're not getting near it.

24. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Being the generous type, anyone and their dog can get access to mine when it arrives. Well, y'know, so long as they sign the nice to play with, nice to hold. If you break it, consider it sold. Disclaimer :D