Receiving calls while listening to music

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by themumu, Dec 6, 2012.

1. themumu macrumors 6502a

themumu

I recently upgraded from my iPhone 4 (iOS 5.1) to iOS 6 and it seems to be missing a feature I used quite a lot. I use my phone to listen to the music through headphones, and when an incoming call comes in, I used to double press the middle button on the remote, which would answer the call and keep the music playing in the background simultaneously. Now that action just hangs up the call. I know that one can click the button once to answer the call and then manually go into the Music app to start it again, but it's not practical for me because I do all this while riding a motorcycle - I cannot pull the phone out of my pocket and fiddle with it while moving.

Is there any way to answer an incoming call and play music in the background with only the buttons on the headphone remote?

2. jf1450 macrumors regular

Dood, I've been a biker for many a year. Put that ***** phone in your pocket while you're riding and forget about it. Better yet, play with your phone. Eventually it'll help to clean up the gene pool.

3. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

That's kinda crazy you're riding and listening to music but whatever.

I've noticed on my phone when I get a call while listening to music, the music stops, and when the call is over my music will start again. I have a subscription to Slacker, so maybe it works differently than iOS Music/iTunes.