Receiving calls...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Aml216, May 15, 2015.

1. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Just got my apple watch and am loving it. Had a quick question though. Currently if I receive a text message my phone will not make any noise or show signs of notification. Instead my watch will beep and haptic.

When I receive a call both my phone and my watch ring. Is it possible to have just my watch notify me when I have a call and not have my phone ring? Is it possible to have my watch just haptic and not make noise when I receive a call?

2. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

I don't think it's possible to disable this on the watch. Maybe if you turn off Handoff from the Apple Watch app? But that would also disable the other handoff features (opening an app on the watch and continuing an action on the phone).

Tuck

3. littlezumbo macrumors member

I wanted the same thing, so I engaged the silent slider on the side of my phone (although I've set the phone to vibrate on silent). Now only my watch rings when I receive a call. Regarding your interest in only allowing the haptic alert on the watch, I'd think muting the watch in Settings on the AW itself or through the AW app on your phone would allow you to silence the ring but keep the haptic feedback.

4. Aml216 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Thanks gang, I appreciate the feedback!
    Digging the watch! :cool:

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

exactly this. I have my phone on silent with no vibrate and the watch on silent. It only vibrates for all of my notifications.

6. danmart macrumors 6502

danmart

I wanted to be able to do this so I created a silent ringtone in GarageBand.

That way I can have a silent ring without having to turn all audible feedback off. I like having the keyboard clicks, for example.

7. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

This is good advice. I also like having my Apple Pay ding.

8. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

Flick the switch to silent mode, and disable vibrate.