Receiving error 1004, need help!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by vmk9783, Oct 7, 2011.

1. vmk9783 macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4. It recently began acting up so I took it to the apple store and they gave me a new one. I did a back up before i took it to the apple store and when i got a the new one i restored the back up to the new phone. For some reason i didn't get all my apps and music back, but that really isn't a big deal. I have been able to download some apps, but now I am getting error 1004, please try again later. I downloaded tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery mode, but when i attached my phone I did not get an option to exit recovery mode. I got the option to enter recovery mode. I do not know anything about changing hosts or downgrading the system for jailbreak. I just need an easy way to fix my phone. Can anyone help????????

2. dazzycx macrumors newbie

When do you get this error, its usually when just trying to restore (which you say you've done)
    If its there at the moment, is the screen black (DFU mode) or with the 'plug into itunes' image (pure recovery mode)

3. vmk9783 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did a couple of days ago. When I did the restore it told me that the restore had been completed and so i unpluged it. I can use the phone to call people, i can listen to the ipod, and i can text. I just can't download apps.

4. dazzycx macrumors newbie

So where is this error, on the iphone or in itunes?

5. bluer101, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

bluer101 macrumors regular

Same thing happened on my iPad 2. I solved it by clearing the cache, cookies, and history then reboot. Give it a try and see if it works.