Receiving Faxes by email on snow leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shadylane315, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Shadylane315 macrumors regular

I've tried numerous emails and snow leopard's faxing function refuses to send the fax to the corresponding email. Any suggestions? any free mac apps that will help me accomplish this since i'm leaving for Paris in a few days.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Confused - are you trying to send faxes to someone else's email address, or trying to receive faxes from fax machines on your email account?

3. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

You Can't

You can't send a fax by email, unless you have an account with an internet fax service. You must use a modem and then use Snow Leopard's fax utility.

You can't get a fax by email . . . the same as above.

You can always scan a document and then if your scan software has the capability, most do, you can turn the scan into a document which can be attached to an email (tiff, PDF). You cannot send that to a fax machine.

4. Shadylane315 thread starter macrumors regular

I would like to receive a fax and then have a copy of that fax go to my email. I'm using this function

[​IMG]

"Send email"

5. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Does the fax come in, and simply not get emailed, or does it never arrive at all?

If the first, an Automator or AppleScript work-around can be performed, but if the latter, then something else is at fault.

jW