Receiving the same emails on my MacBook and iMac - possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hello.there, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Other than the option of 'leaving messages on server' is there any other way of getting the same emails to come through to my address on both my MacBook and iMac? I use Thunderbird but would change to any program on earth that allowed me do this!

Thanks.

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

You need to provide more details...which kind of e-mail account?

3. Hello.there thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Sorry :eek:. I'm not even sure how to describe my account....it uses a POP Mail Server, does that identify the type? (several more :eek:s)

4. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

You need an account that supports IMAP not POP. GMail is probably the easiest one to acquire. You can even have GMail fetch your POP account mail and then send it to your systems via IMAP.

5. Hello.there thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Thanks kgarner. I use Gmail for my second address and it's great, no problems looking up emails on either my MacBook or iMac, but I've had my main address (ie POP) forever (almost) and really want to keep it, rather than just forwarding stuff to Gmail. I was hoping there was some magical Thunderbird setting that would allow emails to come through on each copy of the program that I use, but it doesn't sound like that's possible?

6. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

You sure your current service provider does not support IMAP? Who is it?