Recent Acquisition

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Zeke D, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Zeke D macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

I had a singular goal today: purchase a bluetooth card and antenna for my PMG5 and an AC adapter for my NES.

I visited 5 mom & pop computer stores and 4 thrift shop/flea market/swap meet.

I was able to purchase the AC adapter for my NES for only $5.

No luck on the bluetooth, but I was given this for free:

1x 20" iMac 1.8Ghz (missing PSU, HDD & RAM)
    1x iMac 1.6Ghz logic board

The iMac is also missing the HDD vent, HDD bracket, Bluetooth, wiress and a lot of screws.

Maybe I can get this sucker working and finally replace my eMac!

Attached Files:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The Bluetooth boards for the G4 and G5 iMac, eMac, PowerMac G5, some Mac Pros, the white Intell iMacs, and the mid 2007-early 2009 iMacs are all the same, connection-wise. The only difference is the board colour and their Bluetooth version. The ones on a blue board are the newer Bluetooth 2.X ones and the green boards are the older Bluetooth 1.X. That should help you find a Bluetooth board. I've gotten the blue ones on eBay for about $12 in the past. But the antenna for the G5 will be a bit more pricey.

3. TheUI macrumors newbie

4. Zeke D thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zeke D

Yeah, but it looks like a PSU is $80+ plus i still need the drive bracket and drive duct. It looks like this will live in my garage until I can afford parts for it.

5. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

I have a working PSU, Bluetooth, Airport and drive sled. I am located in Cali, so not too far for shipping. Let me know if you're interested in any of it. Thanks.

6. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

Also have an additional Bluetooth board for a PMG5, and the antenna you need basically all the parts for either an iMac G5 or PMG5. Lemme know, we'll work something out.

7. Zeke D thread starter macrumors 6502a

Zeke D