Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
I have an iPad Pro running 13.1. Anyone else noticed that some apps in the recently used app partition of the iPadOS dock won’t work? YouTube seems to be the most annoying for me.

the App itself works, but if I try to select it from the recently opened section, nothing happens.
Anyone else having this issue?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Didn’t notice on mine. Will check in a bit.

Edit - just tried it on my base level iPad 5 from 2017 on iOS 13.1.1. It’s working fine.

Last edited:

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Just wanted to post a quick update. I reproduced your YouTube issue just now. The app doesn’t launch from the dock but launches fine from the home screen or the spotlight search panel.

Reactions: willmtaylor

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Just wanted to post a quick update. I reproduced your YouTube issue just now. The app doesn’t launch from the dock but launches fine from the home screen or the spotlight search panel.
Exactly. I don’t know if this is an iPadOS issue or an app developer issue though, as this doesn’t happen with every app.

DSL Steve

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2005
Wife said it happens to her (Instagram). She said 13.1.2 fixed it.

I don't have an iPad.

Bethanie21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2015
I have this issue on my 2018 iPad. It’s not yet a week old, so I was worried it was a hardware issue, but reading this makes me think it’s the software.

Reactions: willmtaylor

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
Exactly. I don’t know if this is an iPadOS issue or an app developer issue though, as this doesn’t happen with every app.
I wonder if it affects a certain type of app; social/media. Could this be due to a specific API used?

janezblond

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
My experience is that an app being updates causes it. This also corresponds with social media apps being updated regularly.

What I am unsure about is whether this only happens when the app being updated is already in the recents, or if any app (also those not in recents) will have this happen to it.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
My experience is that an app being updates causes it. This also corresponds with social media apps being updated regularly.

What I am unsure about is whether this only happens when the app being updated is already in the recents, or if any app (also those not in recents) will have this happen to it.
This occurred when apps NOT updating.
However, the latest iPadOS update seems to have fixed it.

janezblond

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
What works for me in order to avoid having to restart is turning the recent apps in dock off and back on in settings. Just FYI

Reactions: pooryou

MiniMoney

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2011
I have the latest release installed and it’s still a problem. I don’t think it’s any particular category of apps, just flat out a bug in the OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.