Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StructAural

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
The Netherlands
The recent update to CallTell 3.1 has disabled vibrate and ringtones (and calltell itself) on my iPhone, an uninstall fixes it.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thomasba58

macrumors member
May 26, 2010
London, England
I've noticed the Vibrate and ringtone problem, but the calltell itself works fine.
I found switching it off in system also solves the problem so no need to uninstall I just switch it on and off as needed. Not ideal but until a fix comes out what can you do!

StructAural

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
The Netherlands
I've noticed the Vibrate and ringtone problem, but the calltell itself works fine.
I found switching it off in system also solves the problem so no need to uninstall I just switch it on and off as needed. Not ideal but until a fix comes out what can you do!

Cheers for the reply. Unfortunately i find calltell on it's own not to be loud enough, so I've uninstalled it until it's fixed. No biggy, glad it's not just me though...

germale

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2011
The recent update to CallTell 3.1 has disabled vibrate and ringtones (and calltell itself) on my iPhone, an uninstall fixes it.

Anyone else have this problem?

I have the exact same problem.
Took me a while to figure that out... at first I did not even realize that my phone was not ringing. I just thought I always missed calls...

It sufficient to disable CallTell for the moment.
I wrote a mail to the developer on this... let's see what happens.

crizyal

macrumors newbie
I am using the latest version of CallTell (3.1) on IOS 4.2.1 on my Iphone 4. It is working fine. When a call comes in, I hear CallTell then my phone vibrates and the ringtone sounds. I wonder if you are having conflicts with another program.

Thomasba58

macrumors member
May 26, 2010
London, England
I am using the latest version of CallTell (3.1) on IOS 4.2.1 on my Iphone 4. It is working fine. When a call comes in, I hear CallTell then my phone vibrates and the ringtone sounds. I wonder if you are having conflicts with another program.

Are you getting the messages through the iPhone speaker or through headphones/Bluetooth?

If I set mine to play through speakers it works OK it's just when you choose one of the "Other" options (in my case anyway)
I think Calderone has tweeted that he hasn't quite fixed the sound issue yet but I could be wrong

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.