Recent Folders - HELP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DopestGingah, Aug 12, 2007.

1. DopestGingah macrumors regular

When the finder is selected, on the top bar there is a "Go" drop down. In there, there is a "Recent Folders" selection. I can go into System Preferences and choose not to show anything in the "Recent Items" list when you click the Apple on the top bar. But there is nothing like this for the "Recent Folders". I can manually delete the "Recent Folders" list by deleting the Home/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plst file. But as soon as I open a folder, it adds it to the "Recent Folders" menu. Is there a way that I can delete the com.apple.finder.plst file and not have it come back or just not show the "Recent Folders" altogether? Thanks

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I believe there is a setting somewhere that lets you control how many recent items are stored in the recent files, recent folders, and recent servers sections. If I remember correctly it's in System Preferences, in the Personal section, though I forget exactly which pane contains the setting you want. I'm not at my Mac right now, so I can't test it for you :(